DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Feb 7, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #1,397 of 2,804
Mango os is cool and all but it lags like hell and its very annoying! Is it suppose to be laggy or is there a problem with my device? First time owning an ibasso player
How is it laggy? I would do a factory reset.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #1,399 of 2,804
Mango os is cool and all but it lags like hell and its very annoying! Is it suppose to be laggy or is there a problem with my device? First time owning an ibasso player
I don't know if lag is the correct word as much as lacking fluidity and that usually comes down to a lacking in the optimization of the code. Compared to something like Tidal that basically has an unlimited budget for developers, the Mango OS more than likely focused on sound quality and I think it shows in the players UI. The sound quality is brilliant but I do agree it does seem to be a bit troublesome from time to time.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:36 PM Post #1,400 of 2,804
Like every time i wanna skip a track it takes like 1 or 2 seconds before it skips it. And same thing happens when i wanna FF a track. It takes a second...nothing is instant like in Android

When you switch to Mango OS, scan your tracks again (just do it the first time). The file indexing under Android is different from Unix/Mango OS and you have to re-scan tracks again to index them in Mango OS. If you don't, it will be lagging when you skip tracks or even affect when fast forwarding through a track.

Feb 8, 2022 at 12:44 AM Post #1,402 of 2,804
After trying many music players for DX240 personally I think Shanling Music is the best. Smoother sound than Mango to my ears and also has better functions.

Hiby make a weird sound when you pause music, also sometimes sluggish.

UAPP still not show correct sample rate. Not sure if it able to access direct dac and play bit perfect with 24/96 and above.

Feb 8, 2022 at 6:16 AM Post #1,403 of 2,804
UAPP still not show correct sample rate. Not sure if it able to access direct dac and play bit perfect with 24/96 and above.
ibasso daps has system wide "non-src" feature. dx240 bypasses SRC (sample rate conversion) whether it is build-in Mango player or using 3-party apps.
https://www.ibasso.com/product/dx240/

as for the bit perfect. If you play an MQA file in UAPP (android driver/variable bitrate), you can see 768kHz in the status bar. However, if you change the volume in UAPP, you will immediately see 44kHz in the status bar. Because the change to the stream caused the MQA signature to break. So it's definitely bit perfect.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #1,404 of 2,804
ibasso daps has system wide "non-src" feature. dx240 bypasses SRC (sample rate conversion) whether it is build-in Mango player or using 3-party apps.
https://www.ibasso.com/product/dx240/

as for the bit perfect. If you play an MQA file in UAPP (android driver/variable bitrate), you can see 768kHz in the status bar. However, if you change the volume in UAPP, you will immediately see 44kHz in the status bar. Because the change to the stream caused the MQA signature to break. So it's definitely bit perfect.
Thank for insight! This is my first time with UAPP so some of configurable confuse me.

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #1,405 of 2,804
Anyone ever pair Softears RSV and Tanchjim New Hana with 240? What is your impression? I just order RSV and should get a pair of Hana soon.

Feb 8, 2022 at 9:19 AM Post #1,406 of 2,804
Anyone ever pair Softears RSV and Tanchjim New Hana with 240? What is your impression? I just order RSV and should get a pair of Hana soon.

Ani covered it in his DX240 review, scroll down to IEM pair up section to read RSV and RS10 pair up comments.

Feb 8, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #1,407 of 2,804
Hey! What @twister6 said. For Tanchjim New Hana 2021, my impressions of Kato pairing apply almost perfectly to it.

Feb 8, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #1,408 of 2,804
Amp8 MKII arrived today. Pre burn-in impressions are that I am missing low end impact and that got me slightly worried because I thought it was supposed to have the opposite effect. I'll definitely give it the 100 hours and hope for the best.

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #1,409 of 2,804
Amp8 MKII arrived today. Pre burn-in impressions are that I am missing low end impact and that got me slightly worried because I thought it was supposed to have the opposite effect. I'll definitely give it the 100 hours and hope for the best.

I do not like to hear this. Mine arrives tomorrow. I had hoped to keep the new Amp8mkII so I could return the Amp8ex to my dx220 and keep them both in use.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #1,410 of 2,804
It needs 100 to 200 hours of burn in. The bass develops just fine. Caps and circuitry in general need to have current flowing through them so things settle and burn in. This is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back