DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 12, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #421 of 2,804
Looks like 11/19 is thr release date for Japan

Case and amp plates are included as a bonus for the first wave of orders.

Probably sold as a separate lot/s later on…??

D6D59A0B-7882-4441-BECC-8597ED324E0B.jpegEB1895D2-2B74-41D6-8548-80DF84FB4C68.png04209C7F-B909-4150-BF85-64CB1AC8D352.jpeg

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #422 of 2,804
Looks like 11/19 is thr release date for Japan

Case and amp plates are included as a bonus for the first wave of orders.

Probably sold as a separate lot/s later on…??

A question regarding the amplifier options for someone new to ibasso.

My first priority is sound quality of line out for use in my car system, 2nd priority is sq with my iems.

So
1. Do all the amps provide line out and headphone outputs?
2. Does the line out sq vary much across the amp units and is there a 'best' line out choice?

I plan to listen to/demo the dx240 as a potential replacement for my fiio x7ii when it gets to the NYC audio shops.

Nov 12, 2021 at 11:14 PM Post #423 of 2,804

My first priority is sound quality of line out for use in my car system, 2nd priority is sq with my iems.

So
2. Does the line out sq vary much across the amp units and is there a 'best' line out choice?

I plan to listen to/demo the dx240 as a potential replacement for my fiio x7ii when it gets to the NYC audio shops.

Thats one for our techno wizard @Whitigir

Nov 13, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #426 of 2,804

So

Well, it is backward compatible, so only the Amp1/3 have line out. The Amp3 has balanced LO

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #427 of 2,804
I think you are on the right path.

I have compared:

DX200/DX220//DX240 with stock amp1 amp modules

DX220 stock amp versus DX240 amp8
DX220 amp8 versus DX240 Amp1mkiii

DX240 stock versus DX300 Amp11mark1
DX240 stock versus DX300 Amp11mark2
DX240 stock versus DX300 amp12

DX240 / amp8 versus DX300 Amp11mark2
DX240 /amp8 versus DX300 Amp12

I dont think i will run through amps 2,3,4,4s,5,7…

Maybe theres more in my nearly finished unpublished review. I forget.

Waiting for some other opinions and perspectives first as i do not want to clog up the thread with mine.

Should be in peoples hands in 2-3 weeks going by one reputable retailer who messaged me yesterday.

I was going to do a versus Max220 and Max300 - just for fun. Not sure.

Listening to DX220 with amp9 since a long time - as DX240 is using amp8.
- might do a comparison between them both…

I have not hooked up the iBasso cup to any live wires though :)
Thanks for all these takes. The size of the 300 had me opt for the R6. Nice to have a a modern option from iBasso with amp voicing versatility etc. If it were me comparing, I'd use each in it's own optimum config per my own personal references (modules. filters, players etc) and then give those impressions. Your takes won't be the same as others but for me this would be more fair than trying to be more fair, LOL. For instance, the brick wall filter may work well with one and not another etc. Same with voicing on the amps etc.

That said, loving the impressions and appreciate your efforts. The 300 was just too big for me to concern myself with it's goodness. This unit appears very promising and will remain on my radar.:ksc75smile:

Nov 13, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #428 of 2,804
Thanks for all these takes. The size of the 300 had me opt for the R6. Nice to have a a modern option from iBasso with amp voicing versatility etc. If it were me comparing, I'd use each in it's own optimum config per my own personal references (modules. filters, players etc) and then give those impressions. Your takes won't be the same as others but for me this would be more fair than trying to be more fair, LOL. For instance, the brick wall filter may work well with one and not another etc. Same with voicing on the amps etc.

That said, loving the impressions and appreciate your efforts. The 300 was just too big for me to concern myself with it's goodness. This unit appears very promising and will remain on my radar.:ksc75smile:
Quoted part was a work in progress

Thanks

Yeah reviews arent perfect, but ya do the best you can do for the people who cant get to a shop or a show to try them out for themselves.
Cross reference and read the different reviews and one usually can get a good average of what a dap or earphone is like.

One can fiddle with everything til one gets what one thinks is optimum. Even eq. But one has to stop somewhere.
Easiest to just try a even baseline and hope for the best.
Then other reviewers can also use the same settings and we can get differing or agreeing opinions.

Full review here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx240.25508/reviews

Which you probably read already - it goes into more detail. just checking :wink:

DX300 is mid large

DX240 is a nice lil size

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #429 of 2,804
Having a hard time deciding btw this and hiby RS6 going be pairing with mest mk11. With ibasso is there a USA authorized seller? How are warranty issue with ibasso? Last battery replacement is it able to be done myself or would I have to send it back to China?
Other than that any thoughts on pairing this with the mest mk11.

Nov 13, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #430 of 2,804
Having a hard time deciding btw this and hiby RS6 going be pairing with mest mk11. With ibasso is there a USA authorized seller? How are warranty issue with ibasso? Last battery replacement is it able to be done myself or would I have to send it back to China?
Other than that any thoughts on pairing this with the mest mk11

I have the UM Mest MK II with the DX 312. It's just fantastic. I think that it will sound damn good on the DX240 too. Anyway, what I've read about the DX 240, I didn't like it that much on the Hiby R6 Pro SS.

Nov 14, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #431 of 2,804
Quoted part was a work in progress

Thanks

Yeah reviews arent perfect, but ya do the best you can do for the people who cant get to a shop or a show to try them out for themselves.
Cross reference and read the different reviews and one usually can get a good average of what a dap or earphone is like.

One can fiddle with everything til one gets what one thinks is optimum. Even eq. But one has to stop somewhere.
Easiest to just try a even baseline and hope for the best.
Then other reviewers can also use the same settings and we can get differing or agreeing opinions.

Full review here:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ibasso-dx240.25508/reviews

Which you probably read already - it goes into more detail. just checking :wink:

DX300 is mid large

DX240 is a nice lil size
Off topic but I've never heard EQ etc that I cared for. Always mucks things up a bit if the combo is close and those that it improves are never the things I'd prefer to own. If I can't get where I like passively with tips, cables, alternate up/oversampling, antialiasing etc, things that are in the chain anyway, I move on.

Nov 14, 2021 at 1:12 AM Post #432 of 2,804
Off topic but I've never heard EQ etc that I cared for. Always mucks things up a bit if the combo is close and those that it improves are never the things I'd prefer to own. If I can't get where I like passively with tips, cables, alternate up/oversampling, antialiasing etc, things that are in the chain anyway, I move on.
Agreed.

EQ is teh work ov thee Devil!

Nov 14, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #433 of 2,804
Other than that any thoughts on pairing this with the mest mk11.
I asked about this a while back. The glass back is in a surround that allows it to be taken off easily for battery replacement. iBasso has a distributor in the US and there are several retail outlets. You should be well covered.

Nov 14, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #434 of 2,804
Well, it is backward compatible, so only the Amp1/3 have line out. The Amp3 has balanced LO
Thanks.
Since I need unbalanced out for my car system, it seems I have a choice of amp1 or amp1, so the answer is either amp1 or a pair of amps for different uses.

Since they are swappable, I can get a good balanced amp for my JH13 iems. Anyone have recommendations for an amp that is a good match with JH13?

Nov 14, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #435 of 2,804
Hi guys im having a hard time deciding between getting the DX240 or DX300 . My current headphones are Grado PS500e and Gold Planar GL2000 (Maybe Hifiman Arya in the future), both HP has a warm-ish sound signature . I know they will sound great with the DX240 as im familiar with Sabre signature , but im leaning more towards DX300 due to the specs (128gb rom ,screen,power) . Im just concerned about the synergy with my HP and the DX300 ( warm + warm = mush). What do you guys think ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back