DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 18, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #511 of 2,804
No need for power banks. Most boats, planes and trains have electrical power sockets on them these days so just plug it in if your travelling longer than 11 hours :beerchug:

DX240 hits the spot for me with it's small portable size, excellent battery, excellent sound and a well designed volume control and buttons.
It seems that iBasso has learned from the design mistakes of the DX 300. But no matter it remains my number 1 in sound with AMP 12.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #512 of 2,804
No need for power banks. Most boats, planes and trains have electrical power sockets on them these days so just plug it in if your travelling longer than 11 hours :beerchug:

DX240 hits the spot for me with it's small portable size, excellent battery, excellent sound and a well designed volume control and buttons.
It totally depends on individual preferences: a lot of people are OK with charging their Apple Watch every night though I much prefer my Huawei smartwatch capable of running 10-15 days on single charge)

But I totally agree with your point on sweet spot between price, sound, size and battery here.

Nov 18, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #513 of 2,804
It seems that iBasso has learned from the design mistakes of the DX 300. But no matter it remains my number 1 in sound with AMP 12.

Yes I would agree.

I had the DX300 for a period of time. It was and still is an excellent DAP.

However I could not get along with the stupid design choice of a volume wheel sticking out the side of it and the recessed buttons. So for that reason alone it had to go.

The size didn't really bother me much, a little to big for my own liking as a portable DAP, but nothing that I couldn't put up with.

But then along came the DX240 and hallelujah. They fix the stupid design with the volume wheel, make the buttons more useable when in the case, reduce the size and weight to make it more portable, and maintain the sound quality to as near as the same as the DX300.

With all honesty I could not tell the difference between the DX300 and the DX240 in sound quality but as this game is all about personal choices that suit each others needs, others may notice a difference.

IMHO the DX240 hits all the right spots for my personal taste and requirements and is (for the moment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) my TOTL end game DAP.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #516 of 2,804
Hi guys im having a hard time deciding between getting the DX240 or DX300 . My current headphones are Grado PS500e and Gold Planar GL2000 (Maybe Hifiman Arya in the future), both HP has a warm-ish sound signature . I know they will sound great with the DX240 as im familiar with Sabre signature , but im leaning more towards DX300 due to the specs (128gb rom ,screen,power) . Im just concerned about the synergy with my HP and the DX300 ( warm + warm = mush). What do you guys think ?
I really like the ps500e but wouldn't describe them as warm. That's probably coming from your current source(s).I doubt there'd be an issue with the DX240.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #517 of 2,804
Does anyone here have experience with both the m11 plus and the 240? I'm struggling to see what benefits I'd get with the latter over the former for the extra $200 or so. New to DAPworld so looking at spec sheets and reading a few reviews it seems they're roughly equal performers. Batt life similar, same soc and ram, newish versions of Android for both, etc. I know the sabre dac measures slightly better but to me that's immaterial if both are implemented well. Just looking for thoughts/experiences from anyone that's played with both.

Nov 18, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #518 of 2,804
Does anyone here have experience with both the m11 plus and the 240? I'm struggling to see what benefits I'd get with the latter over the former for the extra $200 or so. New to DAPworld so looking at spec sheets and reading a few reviews it seems they're roughly equal performers. Batt life similar, same soc and ram, newish versions of Android for both, etc. I know the sabre dac measures slightly better but to me that's immaterial if both are implemented well. Just looking for thoughts/experiences from anyone that's played with both.
The DX240 has better dynamics, imaging and soundstage.

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:45 PM Post #521 of 2,804
Nov 18, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #522 of 2,804
Anyone compared the DX240 to the Hiby RS6 yet? or the Dethonray Prelude DTR1+?

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #523 of 2,804
Nov 18, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #525 of 2,804

Users who are viewing this thread

Back