DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Oct 13, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #2,086 of 2,804
Hey congrats!

1) by "Mango mode" do you mean Mango player in Google OS or it doesn't see your SD card in rebooted Mango OS?
2) iBroadcast is itself a player right? Something not working right between OS on 240 perhaps? Sounds like a neat app, I am going to try this myself later today.
3) Did you change the gain setting?
1. The rebooted Mango OS. I'm about to attempt a factory reset now.

2. It's an awesome app. Probably my most used app on my iPhone and works incredibly well as a pinned tab in Firefox. I'd love it if you could try it on the 240 and let me know if it works properly on yours. It wasn't a problem on the DX170 for the short time I had it and it plays fine (even though the UI is a mess) on the Firefox app on the 240.

3. Yeah, I've tried all 3 gain settings. 2.5 balanced, medium gain at ~75 on the volume wheel sounds best with the Amp1MK3, but my BTR5 can run the FH7s easily balanced on low gain at around 40 on the volume wheel. And it did a pretty poor job running my 6XX, also balanced, at high gain / ~90 volume.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #2,087 of 2,804
1. The rebooted Mango OS. I'm about to attempt a factory reset now.
2. It's an awesome app. Probably my most used app on my iPhone and works incredibly well as a pinned tab in Firefox. I'd love it if you could try it on the 240 and let me know if it works properly on yours. It wasn't a problem on the DX170 for the short time I had it and it plays fine (even though the UI is a mess) on the Firefox app on the 240.
3. Yeah, I've tried all 3 gain settings. 2.5 balanced, medium gain at ~75 on the volume wheel sounds best with the Amp1MK3, but my BTR5 can run the FH7s easily balanced on low gain at around 40 on the volume wheel. And it did a pretty poor job running my 6XX, also balanced, at high gain / ~90 volume.

Ok..
1) If I were you, I would grab another SD card, format it in DX240, copy music and see if that works. I'm a huge fan of Mango OS and I have not had an issue like that with all my iBasso DAPs.
2) So the iBroadcast app clicks and pops for me too. It also fixes the rate to 48kHz (or shows that way) even though the file is 96/24. The good news is that the web player on Google Chrome sounds fine. But the rate here is fixed at 44.1. I don't see any control for this unless you become a pay subscriber. I honestly think it's the app not playing well with the driver.
3) That's a pretty high volume, even for hard to drive 1DD IEM. I wouldn't expect much with 6xx :sweat_smile: I have not even attempted to use my HD600/800 on DX240. 300/320 might do better with those headphones.

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #2,088 of 2,804
Ok..
1) If I were you, I would grab another SD card, format it in DX240, copy music and see if that works. I'm a huge fan of Mango OS and I have not had an issue like that with all my iBasso DAPs.
2) So the iBroadcast app clicks and pops for me too. It also fixes the rate to 48kHz (or shows that way) even though the file is 96/24. The good news is that the web player on Google Chrome sounds fine. But the rate here is fixed at 44.1. I don't see any control for this unless you become a pay subscriber. I honestly think it's the app not playing well with the driver.
3) That's a pretty high volume, even for hard to drive 1DD IEM. I wouldn't expect much with 6xx :sweat_smile: I have not even attempted to use my HD600/800 on DX240. 300/320 might do better with those headphones.
It worked after I reformatted the card and did a factory reset.

Yeah, I was able to use it through the web player and it sounded fine but half the reason I bought this was to use it with that app, so if it doesn't work seamlessly this thing is going back. I contacted the developers already and they're looking into it but I'll mention to them you're having the same problem. I'm a paying user and you can control the sample rate in the iPhone app but there's no option for it in android.

The DX170 drove the 6XX just fine, so it's bizarre to me that this couldn't. I'm already a little wary of iBasso since the DX170 because it was such a slow, buggy mess. I may just try another company.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #2,089 of 2,804

Yeah, I was able to use it through the web player and it sounded fine but half the reason I bought this was to use it with that app, so if it doesn't work seamlessly this thing is going back. I contacted the developers already and they're looking into it but I'll mention to them you're having the same problem.

The DX170 drove the 6XX just fine, so it's bizarre to me that this couldn't. I'm already a little wary of iBasso since the DX170 because it was such a slow, buggy mess. I may just try another company.
You can't blame a player for 3rd party apps. I have used some with no issue and others I have had a problem so I don't use them. Tidal is well known for providing support for some players and none for others and also their older apps, working well but newer ones not.

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #2,090 of 2,804
You can't blame a player for 3rd party apps. I have used some with no issue and others I have had a problem so I don't use them. Tidal is well known for providing support for some players and none for others and also their older apps, working well but newer ones not.
I'm blaming the player for poor amplification. If it won't work with the iBroadcast app I simply have no use for it, but that's not iBasso's fault.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #2,091 of 2,804

Yeah, I was able to use it through the web player and it sounded fine but half the reason I bought this was to use it with that app, so if it doesn't work seamlessly this thing is going back. I contacted the developers already and they're looking into it but I'll mention to them you're having the same problem. I'm a paying user and you can control the sample rate in the iPhone app but there's no option for it in android.

Good to hear!

In the app, I see the "Audio Quality" slider under "Playback Options". Isn't that what you are looking for? I guess the issue remains that the rate reported by the system on top of the screen is different from what's playing in the app.

Oct 13, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #2,092 of 2,804
Good to hear!

In the app, I see the "Audio Quality" slider under "Playback Options". Isn't that what you are looking for? I guess the issue remains that the rate reported by the system on top of the screen is different from what's playing in the app.
No, that's not it. That controls the bitrate. There's a menu in the iOS app that gives you 3 options for the sample rate: Auto, 44.1 and 48khz. That doesn't exist in the android version. The developers are looking into it.

Edit: They said it looks like they found the problem and a fix should be in the next version in a week or so.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #2,093 of 2,804
Really weird to hear that it's weak output. Whyle it doesn't have a lot of current for low impedance loads it's very capable of driving high impedance ones without problems. Balanced it can drive my hd250(600ohm) and single ended it has no issues driving my hd 560(300ohm), volume around 72 to 86 depending on music. Are you sure it's working correctly, if it doesn't drive your 6xx then there is something wrong with the unit. If you already did a factory reset and updated firmware only thing left is to contact @Paul - iBasso.

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #2,094 of 2,804
Really weird to hear that it's weak output. Whyle it doesn't have a lot of current for low impedance loads it's very capable of driving high impedance ones without problems. Balanced it can drive my hd250(600ohm) and single ended it has no issues driving my hd 560(300ohm), volume around 72 to 86 depending on music. Are you sure it's working correctly, if it doesn't drive your 6xx then there is something wrong with the unit. If you already did a factory reset and updated firmware only thing left is to contact @Paul - iBasso.
Did the burn in period have any effect on your unit?

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:57 AM Post #2,095 of 2,804
Did the burn in period have any effect on your unit?
Yes, soundstage got quite a lot bigger. First 24h where critical for bass performance, untill 20h mark it was very sharp and thin. It's now glorious and warm, vocals have become even sweeter. Treble is as clean as ever, got more extension and better sparkle. I'm around 300h right now, mostly using it with line out though. Hp out gets used only when I'm commuting to work and back, shops etc.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:17 AM Post #2,098 of 2,804
Yes, soundstage got quite a lot bigger. First 24h where critical for bass performance, untill 20h mark it was very sharp and thin. It's now glorious and warm, vocals have become even sweeter. Treble is as clean as ever, got more extension and better sparkle. I'm around 300h right now, mostly using it with line out though. Hp out gets used only when I'm commuting to work and back, shops etc.
That's good to know, I'm burning mine in now. If after that the amplification still seems weak I'll just get a refund or replacement but I want to give it a fair chance.

One thing I will say is that the people who recommended getting a Micron industrial micro sd card weren't lying. I just got a 512 and the difference in clarity was surprising. Does anyone have an explanation why it's better?

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #2,099 of 2,804
That's good to know, I'm burning mine in now. If after that the amplification still seems weak I'll just get a refund or replacement but I want to give it a fair chance.

One thing I will say is that the people who recommended getting a Micron industrial micro sd card weren't lying. I just got a 512 and the difference in clarity was surprising. Does anyone have an explanation why it's better?
Let us know how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back