DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Oct 6, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #2,071 of 2,804
Since it often mentioned where it is possible to buy Micron Industrial SD Card?

Oct 6, 2022 at 8:11 PM Post #2,072 of 2,804
Since it often mentioned where it is possible to buy Micron Industrial SD Card?
I recommend purchasing them directly from Mouser, elsewhere you might run into fakes. Make sure the card you purchase has -1WT at the end of its' model name:
https://www.mouser.com/c/?q=micron micro sd

In my experience yes they do make a positive difference compared with other Micro SD cards or DAP internal memory and are worth the investment.

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #2,073 of 2,804
I recommend purchasing them directly from Mouser, elsewhere you might run into fakes. Make sure the card you purchase has -1WT at the end of its' model name:

In my experience yes they do make a positive difference compared with other Micro SD cards or DAP internal memory and are worth the investment.
They don't come cheap. Which one would you recommend? 512GB or 1TB?

Oct 7, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #2,074 of 2,804
They don't come cheap. Which one would you recommend? 512GB or 1TB?
I purchased 512GB but regret not getting the 1TB instead. Then again they'll probably release a 2GB version before long, and that would hold my entire library.

Oct 7, 2022 at 6:12 AM Post #2,075 of 2,804
I purchased 512GB but regret not getting the 1TB instead. Then again they'll probably release a 2GB version before long, and that would hold my entire library.
They have listed a 1.5TB card but not sure if it is for industrial or consumer use.

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #2,076 of 2,804
Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #2,077 of 2,804
Oct 12, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #2,078 of 2,804
Thanks for sharing. Agree with you. Wondering if ibasso purposedly decided to give all their current work to dx320 or they dont see future for their younger brother. But better priced , smaller and still good sounding device should have right to be in their future upgrades near semi transportable series. Wish that tube bassed amp could be possible. Soundwise actually i like that dx240 is more reference type of sound. Even if it is clever tuned and with amp1 mk3 it has some places i could say it's fun more than reference but this is because i am comparing to 8ex which is the most reference amp from what i have heard with dx240 IMO. Still haven't heard 8 mk2.
Good that you mentioned micron card. I still thinking to get it or not. But if it is really truth what you and other already using it tells then i better buy than not :) Really till now hard to believe that simple card has such influece to sound. And about micron i first time heard exactly in dx240 thread. So even before i got 240 i already was thinking to get this card. To become believer. As i become believer after trying different cables and really cleary noticing differences.
Monarch with their technicallities really should be good match for dx240. And live is best word to decribe dx240. It really is even with lower grade iems i am using. Dx is what portable dap should be and we all silently happy to have it even ibasso abandoned this series faster developement
It's not a debate brother. The difference is very clear, especially with resolving IEMs.

The best way I can describe it; "The music just freely flows and you can hear more details in the same songs. You can hear guitar strings being touched and plucked while the sound decay is slightly longer etc. The music becomes even more beautiful.

I bought the 256GB Micron industrial card then later also bought a 512GB card. I am 100% convinced and will not go back to conventional consumer cards.

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:26 PM Post #2,079 of 2,804

Yup bought mine from them. So worth the extra cost

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #2,080 of 2,804
So I just got a new DX240 and I'm already running into problems, hopefully someone here can help.

1. Mango mode does not work. Won't see my SD card at all and won't play anything that it can see on the local drive.

2. I use an app called iBroadcast to stream my own music from the cloud, but every time I play a song I hear pops and crackles with the audio. It also displays as playing at 48khz even though it shouldn't be and there's nowhere in the app to change that, nor is there anything I could find in the settings of the player.

3. It seems weak. It hasn't burned in all the way but still, my BTR5 runs my Fiio FH7s much better than this does balanced. I also have AMP8 MKII, same problem.

Did I just get a bad unit?

Oct 12, 2022 at 11:37 PM Post #2,081 of 2,804
So I just got a new DX240 and I'm already running into problems, hopefully someone here can help.

1. Mango mode does not work. Won't see my SD card at all and won't play anything that it can see on the local drive.

2. I use an app called iBroadcast to stream my own music from the cloud, but every time I play a song I hear pops and crackles with the audio. It also displays as playing at 48khz even though it shouldn't be and there's nowhere in the app to change that, nor is there anything I could find in the settings of the player.

3. It seems weak. It hasn't burned in all the way but still, my BTR5 runs my Fiio FH7s much better than this does balanced. I also have AMP8 MKII, same problem.

Paul from Ibasso is frequently on the forum. Reach out to him. He'll walk you through what to try before determining whether you got a lemon or not. I believe he prefers email. Paul@ibasso.com

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #2,083 of 2,804
Yeah, I reached out to him via email as well

Are you using the LO on the left or the PO (phone out) on the right?

Oct 13, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #2,084 of 2,804

Hey congrats!

1) by "Mango mode" do you mean Mango player in Google OS or it doesn't see your SD card in rebooted Mango OS?
2) iBroadcast is itself a player right? Something not working right between OS on 240 perhaps? Sounds like a neat app, I am going to try this myself later today.
3) Did you change the gain setting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back