DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Aug 29, 2022 at 7:03 PM Post #2,056 of 2,804
It's actually the opposite. Mango Player is thinner vs running full Mango OS. Mango OS is pure sound without any android gimmicks. everything is more focused from bass, mids , treble. Android sounds wider but the effect is everything thins out a little when spread-out. UAPP is an excellent middle ground between the two.
Thanks for the reply! I'll definitely check out the difference again. Last time it just gave me the impression that it was much weaker. It had about a 10% lower volume compared to the Android counterparts. And even at similar volume, the sound of the M-OS did not seem very detailed. Maybe i was not paying much attention as i should've.

Aug 31, 2022 at 3:14 AM Post #2,057 of 2,804
It seem when streaming Spotify, when changing to next track, the player will miss out first 1 sec of the music, I tried various setting (gapless on/off) but still unable to resolve this.

Kind of distracting.. does anyone encounter this? Of just me? Using other player like wm1am2 have no issue. I wonder what's wrong.
Found the issue. Just have to disable 'auto mute' function under Audio.

Sep 30, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #2,060 of 2,804
Hi! This is the most silent head-fi thread, i suppose)
Is there any info about new amps for DX240? Or we are waiting for DX250-260?
Yeah agree, seems in other threads much more going on but i still would like to know from ibasso - is there any software update planned soon as there was really long time ago the last one.
Also got finaly 8 ex amp and it is really better than amp8 which was better than AMP1 MK3. At the moment it is best amp you can get for 240, (dont know about 8mk2, but still think modded EX fe should be better). Sounds for me much more reference and practically better in every way, tuned reference but i like it much more than other amps - that are for my taste not so well controlled down bellow as EX FE.. Interesting if someone have heard 220+8ex vs 248ex. Doe it have any differences here. But as this thread is so quite and empty don't know if worth to ask. Seem like all ibasso fans gone to 320 thread abandoning 220/240 side completely - but for me - wanting best sounding really mobile solution - 240 is best especially with 8ex card.

Sep 30, 2022 at 6:10 AM Post #2,062 of 2,804
Not sure about new amps but it was planned a software update to Android 11.

Sep 30, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #2,064 of 2,804
I dont mind any move from ibasso - software or hardware. Software should appear in the future i believe , but not sure about amp. It would be nice to get something like amp13 alternative for 240 (that is still hard to archieve) or even solid state like amp10. Hope ibasso will not forget this mobile high end product line as what they archieved with 220 and later 240 is still unbeatabe. Really, ibasso don't let down this fan base.

Oct 6, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #2,067 of 2,804
Yeah agree, seems in other threads much more going on but i still would like to know from ibasso - is there any software update planned soon as there was really long time ago the last one.
Also got finaly 8 ex amp and it is really better than amp8 which was better than AMP1 MK3. At the moment it is best amp you can get for 240, (dont know about 8mk2, but still think modded EX fe should be better). Sounds for me much more reference and practically better in every way, tuned reference but i like it much more than other amps - that are for my taste not so well controlled down bellow as EX FE.. Interesting if someone have heard 220+8ex vs 248ex. Doe it have any differences here. But as this thread is so quite and empty don't know if worth to ask. Seem like all ibasso fans gone to 320 thread abandoning 220/240 side completely - but for me - wanting best sounding really mobile solution - 240 is best especially with 8ex card.
Well there's not much to talk about since iBasso won't give us an AMP9 vacuum tube amp like they did back then for the 220 and recently 320.
That would surely excite owners very much. I don't buy the whole they can't fit a vacuum tube amp in the 240. Anything is possible as long as it doesn't break the laws of physics.

Otherwise, I personally love the size of the 240. In high gain, it sounds live. Never experienced that with my past DAPs. It's a perfect and well balanced DAP with AMP8 MKII +Original TheiAudio Monarch. I also have the Sony ZX507 & Hiby R3 Pro Saber which are excellent but 240 is more reference like with AMP1MK3 and a little more fun with AMP8MK2 while still maintaining that reference like sound sig. Hiby R3 Pro Saber actually also beats the Sony to my ears for only $200. That little thing is really good. I only use Micron Industrial micro SD cards as i find them to sound way better than built in memory or other non industrial cards I've tried. It's def not a myth like some always insisted.

Oct 6, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #2,068 of 2,804
Well there's not much to talk about since iBasso won't give us an AMP9 vacuum tube amp like they did back then for the 220 and recently 320.
That would surely excite owners very much. I don't buy the whole they can't fit a vacuum tube amp in the 240. Anything is possible as long as it doesn't break the laws of physics.

Otherwise, I personally love the size of the 240. In high gain, it sounds live. Never experienced that with my past DAPs. It's a perfect and well balanced DAP with AMP8 MKII +Original TheiAudio Monarch. I also have the Sony ZX507 & Hiby R3 Pro Saber which are excellent but 240 is more reference like with AMP1MK3 and a little more fun with AMP8MK2 while still maintaining that reference like sound sig. Hiby R3 Pro Saber actually also beats the Sony to my ears for only $200. That little thing is really good. I only use Micron Industrial micro SD cards as i find them to sound way better than built in memory or other non industrial cards I've tried. It's def not a myth like some always insisted.
There isn't room to have the NuTube on a board and then fit inside the DX240. Otherwise we would like to have a tubed module for the 240. I agree the Micron non consumer cards are very good.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Oct 6, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #2,069 of 2,804

Thanks for sharing. Agree with you. Wondering if ibasso purposedly decided to give all their current work to dx320 or they dont see future for their younger brother. But better priced , smaller and still good sounding device should have right to be in their future upgrades near semi transportable series. Wish that tube bassed amp could be possible. Soundwise actually i like that dx240 is more reference type of sound. Even if it is clever tuned and with amp1 mk3 it has some places i could say it's fun more than reference but this is because i am comparing to 8ex which is the most reference amp from what i have heard with dx240 IMO. Still haven't heard 8 mk2.
Good that you mentioned micron card. I still thinking to get it or not. But if it is really truth what you and other already using it tells then i better buy than not :) Really till now hard to believe that simple card has such influece to sound. And about micron i first time heard exactly in dx240 thread. So even before i got 240 i already was thinking to get this card. To become believer. As i become believer after trying different cables and really cleary noticing differences.
Monarch with their technicallities really should be good match for dx240. And live is best word to decribe dx240. It really is even with lower grade iems i am using. Dx is what portable dap should be and we all silently happy to have it even ibasso abandoned this series faster developement

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2022 at 6:22 PM Post #2,070 of 2,804
I'm thinking about getting the DX240 but if anyone here is an xfinity customer, can you download the xfinity wifi hotspot app and let me know if it works on the 240? It didn't work on the DX170 which is one of the reasons it's going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back