DX200 One Ear Crackling...Should I be Worried?
Mar 2, 2018 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ceeloChamp

500+ Head-Fier
Hey All,

One ear of my DX200s is constantly crackling when a song is playing, but on a quiet part of the song. Sometimes there is even a high pop in the same here. This crackling is WAAAY more pronounced when using the 2.5mm on Amp1. I tried cleaning my cables to no avail.

Anyone else dealt with this? Is it a problem with my cable? I am using a Triton8 pure silver cable with 2.5bal connector.

Best,
Ben

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2 of 7
Try other headphones. If it happens on other units it's not the headphones at fault. Alternatively try a different cable (maybe the stock one).

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 7
still crackling on other headphones and on the stock cable, just not nearly as bad. It's so bad with the silver 2.5 cable that it makes it hard to listen to music.

Mar 2, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Then I'd say it's an issue with the unit. Do you have any other amp units you could try? If it happens on a different amp unit then that will be the fault. If it still happens with a different amp, then I'd say the whole unit will need looking at. Maybe contact the dealer you bought it from for more advice?

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Shoot, I don't have another Amp and honestly I'm a bit leery about getting a new one given the noise.

Mar 2, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 7
In that case, your best bet is to either contact the dealer and see about a replacement or a refund. Hope you got it from somewhere reputable!

Good luck with it.

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 7
ugh. I got it off head-fi. I think I will try another Amp and if that doesn't do the trick then I'll get in touch with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back