DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #7,666 of 22,021
Today will arrive my dx200.
instead of neutron I suggest USB Audio Player. I have it since many years and it really works great. (not free, you have to pay something, but it does worths it).

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #7,667 of 22,021
Some posters have noted to try another cable for file transfer.
Good advice. I have a couple of C cables that don't work correctly. They seem more sensitive to developing problems than other USB cables though I have a couple from Amazon that continue to work great. The ones that don't work will charge but not work with file transfers.

Aug 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #7,668 of 22,021
I'll try that later but I have used the same cable just before upgraded to win10. This the only change I made.
Perhaps, during upgrade you lost some drivers. Either USB or Android device drivers.
Open device manager, enable view of hidden devices and look for one with yellow triangle.
Connect DX200 with device manager opened. You might see some faulty driver appear.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #7,669 of 22,021
Hey guys! I want to hear your opinion!
I use the DX200 with Focal Elear, but I heard the sound of DX200 even with a pair of Sennheiser and Bose.
When I use any PC and an old Sony DAP with any headphones, I hear 2 things, voices and instruments, so a net separation between them.
A few weeks ago I bought the DX200, I can hear everything, the separation is not only about instruments and voices, I can clearly hear every single instrument and the notes are very long, but in all this separation even the voices have to find their space. What I'm trying to say is that for me in the DX200 the voices are not a predominant thing anymore, so I struggle to hear the voices in all that perfect separation, everything is at the same level (except the bass that are lower than mid and high with AMP1 and AMP2 for me).
Of course we have different ears and brains, but I'm really curious about your opinions, even if you disagree :o2smile:

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #7,670 of 22,021
Good advice. I have a couple of C cables that don't work correctly. They seem more sensitive to developing problems than other USB cables though I have a couple from Amazon that continue to work great. The ones that don't work will charge but not work with file transfers.

Micro usb cables have this 'feature' also. Some will only charge, others will do both. Sellers advertise them as 'keep you device fully charged' and 'charge your device and transfer data'. I only buy ones that are advertised as having charging and data transfer capabilities. Some sellers don't actually point out the cables will only charge.

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #7,671 of 22,021
Of course, don't turn DSP, Equalizer, Fader, Replay Gain, Normalization on: they all presume signal processing.

In the Audio Hardware, be sure the following options are turned off:
- DSP Effect (Device)
- Mono
- Dither
- Phase Inversion
- Subsonic Filter
- Ultrasonic Filter
- Reverse Stereo
- 32-bit Output (IEEE 754)
- High Latency (OpenSL ES)

Turn on:
- Hardware Gain
- Audio Focus
- CPU Wake Lock
- Generic Driver
- Follow Source Frequency

For Direct USB Driver and DSD over PCM (DoP) - it depends on how (and do you) listen DSD tracks: on for USB Audio, off for Generic Driver.

Thanks very much!

Aug 16, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #7,672 of 22,021
With more time now on the AMP3 I can say, that for me, with confidence, the sound really comes to life. I think it needs a couple of hundred hours but wow, it opens up so naturally and more than most anything I have heard before. Effortless like power isn't in question and the acoustical reflections, hall size and projection are all right on. I am using the Utopia most of the time but the IEM's also fare extremely well.

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #7,673 of 22,021
With more time now on the AMP3 I can say, that for me, with confidence, the sound really comes to life. I think it needs a couple of hundred hours but wow, it opens up so naturally and more than most anything I have heard before. Effortless like power isn't in question and the acoustical reflections, hall size and projection are all right on. I am using the Utopia most of the time but the IEM's also fare extremely well.
So the AMP3 is worth the asking price? I'm on the fence about picking it up. I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #7,674 of 22,021
So the AMP3 is worth the asking price? I'm on the fence about picking it up. I'd appreciate your thoughts.
For me, without doubt, I could live with it and nothing else. Since it has really opened up I don't even listen to my WM1Z, which is distressing, considering how much I paid for the 1Z but the DX200 and AMP3 is so much better, IMO. More dynamic, wonderfully engrossing in the musical landscape and it just gets you there but, You have to let it burn in, but, it was good out of the box and so much better with time. Great stuff!

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #7,675 of 22,021
For me, without doubt, I could live with it and nothing else. Since it has really opened up I don't even listen to my WM1Z, which is distressing, considering how much I paid for the 1Z but the DX200 and AMP3 is so much better, IMO. More dynamic, wonderfully engrossing in the musical landscape and it just gets you there but, You have to let it burn in, but, it was good out of the box and so much better with time. Great stuff!
Seriously ? I need to go buy it off Amazon for audition and if I dislike it, I will just return it then. Gotta see if it really can out perform WM1Z. From balanced to balanced ?

Well, no AMP3 on Amazon....LOL

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #7,676 of 22,021
Thanks! I'm placing the order now. I have a feeling my non-balanced stuff wont get as much use!

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #7,677 of 22,021
PSA: Penon Audio now has the AMP3 in stock.

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #7,678 of 22,021

Using AMP3, how does the battery life compare to AMP1?

Aug 16, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #7,679 of 22,021
Using AMP3, how does the battery life compare to AMP1?
It is about the same. More or less as advertised and it depends upon volume and what you are driving. I also have a little battery pack that is a perfect fit if I need it from Anker with a little short USB C so plenty of time playing. :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back