DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Aug 15, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #7,651 of 22,021
Please, read what I've written: up to 24/192 bit perfect with no additional requirements. Meaning, with stock firmware as well.

I understand. However, even on the Neuton site, it states in their FAQ...

"Android OS is hard-coded to 44.1kHz frequency, e.g. if you have music files with the same frequency then no resampling happens. But if you get music with 48kHz frequency, or Studio quality music with 96kHz frequency then the real-time resampling will take place. Neutron provides 3 resampling methods which can be chosen depending on performance of your device."

So have they changed something to get around this, and they just haven't updated their FAQ section?

Aug 15, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #7,652 of 22,021
Aug 15, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #7,654 of 22,021
Please help!

How do I make DX200 visible as a hard drive on Win 10.1? I had it working on win 8.1 but I upgraded and it doesn't work anymore. I installed dac drivers and it works as a dac, but I can't see it at "My Computer" as a disk.

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #7,655 of 22,021
It is a new release:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.neutroncode.mp
"- Generic Driver: Hi-Res support for iBasso DX200 DAP, Fiio X5 DAP - 24-bit, up to 192 kHz;"
and I have already checked it before writing the post. You may see that it does not contradict to the common Android FAQ, because the support is only for a couple of devices.
Cool! Thanks for the clarification!

I see Neutron in my very near future (like within a couple of hours :ksc75smile: ).

Aug 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #7,658 of 22,021
That's suddenly started happening to me too. Windows keeps saying that the device I have connected has malfunctioned, and cannot be recognised.
I thought that perhaps it may be due to the the connector cord becoming faulty, or a bug in the last iBasso update.

Aug 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #7,660 of 22,021
Great news: Neutron Music Player now supports bit perfect playback of PCM recordings up to 24/192kHz via its "Generic driver", without any additional requirements! So, for most users (CD-DA with occasional hi-res), Neutron is the player to go.

Other than turning on the Generic Driver setting in Neutron, do any other settings need to be adjusted to enjoy bit perfect playback on the DX200?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #7,661 of 22,021
I am on the latest FW 2.5.. . and am in Android. I was able once I put it in song mode to pull down the screen from the top and change it from USB charging to File Transfers with the USB plugged in. It now shows up on my computer and I can move music files into the DX200 if that is what I want to do.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #7,663 of 22,021
Other than turning on the Generic Driver setting in Neutron, do any other settings need to be adjusted to enjoy bit perfect playback on the DX200?
Of course, don't turn DSP, Equalizer, Fader, Replay Gain, Normalization on: they all presume signal processing.

In the Audio Hardware, be sure the following options are turned off:
- DSP Effect (Device)
- Mono
- Dither
- Phase Inversion
- Subsonic Filter
- Ultrasonic Filter
- Reverse Stereo
- 32-bit Output (IEEE 754)
- High Latency (OpenSL ES)

Turn on:
- Hardware Gain
- Audio Focus
- CPU Wake Lock
- Generic Driver
- Follow Source Frequency

For Direct USB Driver and DSD over PCM (DoP) - it depends on how (and do you) listen DSD tracks: on for USB Audio, off for Generic Driver.

Aug 16, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #7,664 of 22,021
which version do you download from neutron website?

http://neutronmp.com/downloads/category/1-generic-android.html#
First of all: the most easy way is to use firmware with Play Market, and install from Play Market :wink: Any software.

For DX200, ARM64 build is the most suitable. But note, that for PayPro you'll have to setup IMAP or POP3 e-mail account, while DX200 has no e-mail app installed by default. It is possible and doable, but... I'd prefer Play Market :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back