DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #13,861 of 22,021
I thought of thst but I could get hit with $350 in duty, tax ect

No duty on electronics (currently), but for sure taxes just like everything else you buy in your province. Depending on the carrier you may be charged an import broker fee. USPS to Canada Post has never charged me a broker fee, but DHL always does for me.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #13,862 of 22,021
I thought of thst but I could get hit with $350 in duty, tax ect

Customs only costed me in the $20 range as well. Most of it wasn’t even for taxes. It was for DHL’s transaction fee and among their other obscure charges

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #13,863 of 22,021
No duty on electronics (currently), but for sure taxes just like everything else you buy in your province. Depending on the carrier you may be charged an import broker fee. USPS to Canada Post has never charged me a broker fee, but DHL always does for me.
Oh ok, I went to a web site that calculated it. This is good to know.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:46 AM Post #13,866 of 22,021
Jun 12, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #13,868 of 22,021
Yeah! If you are listening to amp4s you won’t dream about amp7 or amp8. My amp3 and amp5 are now catching dust!

Different folks, different strokes lol.
For me, I've put my AMP4s back in the box and gone back to AMP3 :)

I'll have to do a proper comparison at some point soon between the two. Maybe I'll like AMP4s more, but I'm not confident of that.

The reason for changing back to AMP3 was partly because I don't have any 4.4mm cables, and don't like having to use an adaptor (especially if I'm on the go).
Also partly because I was demoing some bass-heavy IEM's and wanted something a bit more neutral (relatively speaking) to pair them with.
AMP1 was good for that, but AMP3 has more power and better for driving hybrid IEM's I believe.

But I really do like the AMP3.
Am also waiting eagerly for AMP7/8 :D

Jun 12, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #13,869 of 22,021
Is there any app that works to copy music library from iTunes to DX200 when still using the stock firmware from ibasso? I find the Dapper and double twist programs are not really useful with the stock firmware. I understand lurker makes transfer possible, but I have not done that flash. Anything that works with stock firmware from a Mac?

Jun 12, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #13,870 of 22,021
Different folks, different strokes lol.
For me, I've put my AMP4s back in the box and gone back to AMP3 :)

I'll have to do a proper comparison at some point soon between the two. Maybe I'll like AMP4s more, but I'm not confident of that.

The reason for changing back to AMP3 was partly because I don't have any 4.4mm cables, and don't like having to use an adaptor (especially if I'm on the go).
Also partly because I was demoing some bass-heavy IEM's and wanted something a bit more neutral (relatively speaking) to pair them with.
AMP1 was good for that, but AMP3 has more power and better for driving hybrid IEM's I believe.

But I really do like the AMP3.
Am also waiting eagerly for AMP7/8 :D

Amp7/8 is going to be with 4.4mm too as I heard. Or at least 1 of them

Jun 12, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #13,871 of 22,021
Amp7/8 is going to be with 4.4mm too as I heard. Or at least 1 of them

AMP 7 with 3.5mm single-ended, AMP7 with 4.4mm balanced.
Unless the plans all get changed suddenly :p

Jun 12, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #13,875 of 22,021
So I'm currently using a pair of beyerdynamic t1 headphones, via balanced cable. With the dx200 (amp card 1.)

But because the cans are so power hungry at 600 ohms, I'm trying to find something that can output more power. Something like a new amp card, special cabling (which I've seen being talked about but have no idea what is is) or a new DAP altogether. (Side note: I don't want to add an external portable amp as I only want to be using one device. I don't like the bulkiness and hassle of two devices stuck together)

So any suggestions or advice is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back