DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Mar 22, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #11,971 of 22,021
Just also installed Lurker's FW... tried installing Twitch on my iBasso and it says google play services need to be updated, so I go ahead and do that and they just forever stay updating and don't ever complete. Hmmm.

"Twitch won't run unless you update google play services"

Then I update and it just says "installing"

Edit: nvm it's working!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #11,973 of 22,021
Just also installed Lurker's FW... tried installing Twitch on my iBasso and it says google play services need to be updated, so I go ahead and do that and they just forever stay updating and don't ever complete. Hmmm.

"Twitch won't run unless you update google play services"

Then I update and it just says "installing"

Edit: nvm it's working!

Twitch, like the game streaming? You watching Fortnite videos? :wink:

Mar 22, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #11,976 of 22,021
....which can make a person wonder what the price difference will be if Ibasso put these best of the best components in the regular case instead of the bling version....
I asked about the possibility of an internal part upgrade for stock DX200. Paul said it is possible but iBasso will not be doing the upgrades.

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #11,977 of 22,021
I've currently got a FiiO X7ii, that I use with Meze 99 Classics and FiiO F9 Pro's. Would an iBasso DX200 be much of an upgrade? How about if I got the AMP5 as well?
I upgraded from the Fiio x5 III and it was a large upgrade. Even more so when I added AMP3. Not only was it a power and voicing upgrade but a UI and usability upgrade. Though the X5 and X7 are a little different.

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #11,978 of 22,021
I've been having issues with getting the DX200 working as an USB DAC on a Win10 machine - there seems to be a problem with installing the iBasso Audio DFU.

Anyone else have this problem?

@Paul - iBasso, I have noticed that the IBASSO_USB_Audio_v3.34.0.rar driver set from the iBasso website has an expired code signing certificate (vendor.cer). It expired on 26/11/2016. I guess this may be related?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #11,979 of 22,021
I upgraded from the Fiio x5 III and it was a large upgrade. Even more so when I added AMP3. Not only was it a power and voicing upgrade but a UI and usability upgrade. Though the X5 and X7 are a little different.

Thanks for the answer. I've also owned a couple of X5iii's and they are very different to the X7ii, so I'm not surprised it was a large upgrade.

Mar 23, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #11,982 of 22,021
I have noticed that the IBASSO_USB_Audio_v3.34.0.rar driver set from the iBasso website has an expired code signing certificate (vendor.cer). It expired on 26/11/2016. I guess this may be related?
Sitting in the office, I just have downloaded the driver from iBasso site, unpacked, ran IBASSO_USB_Audio_v3.34.0.exe as Administrator, then connected DX200Cu very first time, and it has been recognized and is working now. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. So, the certificate is not a problem.

Mar 23, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #11,983 of 22,021
I've currently got a FiiO X7ii, that I use with Meze 99 Classics and FiiO F9 Pro's. Would an iBasso DX200 be much of an upgrade? How about if I got the AMP5 as well?

Slight lateral upgrade, for example;
Sound-definite midrange to upper improvement. Bottom octaves are snappier/quicker on the DX200, I think the X7II digs a bit deeper though. With the amp3/amp5 the gap widens in favor of the DX200. The stock DX200 amp1 is just "OK", imo. The cost of the unit, plus a second amp, certainly makes one have to think. The dual pro dacs do make a noticeable Sonic difference though. You pay for it in battery life.

UI-stock, it's a toss up, to preference. Both are VERY slow in comparison to the Hiby R6, but usable. The lurker firmware is a must, imo. Enabline USB outout, root access, play store, and cleans up the audio bit to my ears. Fluidity is much improved. Mango does take getting use to, with the "swipe" navigation system, that sorta feels backwards to me. Just different, not bad

Hardware- Fiio is easier in the hand due to ergonomics and weight. BIG plus to the Fiio for dual slots,even though the second slot sleeps irregularly. DX200 has more onboard storage Bluetooth/wifi are about the same (ie average). Tidal is a tad smoother, streaming and offline on the DX200.

Mar 23, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #11,985 of 22,021
I've been having issues with getting the DX200 working as an USB DAC on a Win10 machine - there seems to be a problem with installing the iBasso Audio DFU.

Anyone else have this problem?

@Paul - iBasso, I have noticed that the IBASSO_USB_Audio_v3.34.0.rar driver set from the iBasso website has an expired code signing certificate (vendor.cer). It expired on 26/11/2016. I guess this may be related?
We have this driver on all our computers and most run Windows 10. I installed it on another one and it is working. I am not sure why it will not install for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back