DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jan 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #10,726 of 22,021
You tested DX200 in - 10degC weather?
:cloud_snow:

Yes, it is about -8C in Romania right now actually. Seems to be working absolutely fine for me. I do listen to music while on the go, even at those temps actually :darthsmile:

I'm rocking DX200 + AMP5 + Signature Studio at the moment. We even have snow in Bucharest!

It is in a pocket though, so it might not be exposed to the outside temps as much as it might be for other people, and the temps might not be those, but this is how they are expressed on my phone

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 8:58 AM Post #10,727 of 22,021
Hi,
I tried to use the USB DAC for Jriver and Foobar DSD to play DSF files
However, the DSF cannot be played, I can only hear buzzing.
I can play that DSF file when I directly open it in my DX200

Can anybody explains why I cannot play DSF using USB DAC function?
Thanks!

===========================
I have tested both phone out and line out
I can hear DSF when I am using line out in USB DAC mode
But I cannot hear DSF when I am using Phone in USB DAC mode

Is that a bug?

This problem only happens on AMP5
It is fine on AMP3

LOL, when I plug back AMP5, the problem is fixed
What the hell...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #10,729 of 22,021
You tested DX200 in - 10degC weather?
:cloud_snow:
Exactly. What is really interesting though, a day ago it worked fine in -12ºC on the same route (I usually commute by feet around 18 minutes twice per day). So I hope it's just a one time glitch, fingers crossed.

P.S. Woohoo! Got myself a first update in some time! Will try to find out how can I break it in without disturbing other people =)
20180117_164109.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #10,732 of 22,021
Exactly. What is really interesting though, a day ago it worked fine in -12ºC on the same route (I usually commute by feet around 18 minutes twice per day). So I hope it's just a one time glitch, fingers crossed.

That brings back my childhood memories, growing up in Kiev, and walking down Turgenevskaya to school in a brutal cold :D

Next time we get a snowstorm here in NJ, I'm using DX200 while shoveling the snow, just for stress test :wink:

Jan 17, 2018 at 4:34 PM Post #10,733 of 22,021
Thanks! And the digital filters?

I generally go with Brick Wall and with short type of filters. Try each of them out and see which one you prefer!

That brings back my childhood memories, growing up in Kiev, and walking down Turgenevskaya to school in a brutal cold :D

Next time we get a snowstorm here in NJ, I'm using DX200 while shoveling the snow, just for stress test :wink:

Welp, that is something to enjoy though!

I love the snow and walking through snow, buty in Bucharest they clean it pretty quickly, I prefer to see snow in my hometown, which is a mountain city, with a close enough proximity to Romania's tallest mountains for snow to actually be an issue. Might be an interesting stress test actually.

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #10,736 of 22,021
Yes, as far as I tested, AMP5 is the widest, and deepest with the best instrument separation as well :darthsmile:
I agree!!! I only have AMP1 and AMP5 and the latter is soo much better in everyway. The punch, the tonality, the fluidity, the soundstage w/o loss of details makes it a winner. As i said before, it is like using a tube amp. Sounds Sweet, natural and analogue...just my 5 cents thou

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #10,737 of 22,021
Hi guys, when listening DX200 with IEM, do you usually turn on or off the high gain? Does high gain just equal to higher volume, or it brings sound quality changes (better or worse). Thanks!

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:21 AM Post #10,738 of 22,021
Hi guys, when listening DX200 with IEM, do you usually turn on or off the high gain? Does high gain just equal to higher volume, or it brings sound quality changes (better or worse). Thanks!

High Gain.

I have high gain turned on for literally every single DAP I am using or I ever used, and this is because I noticed that for a lot of players, I'd reach low gain's maximum volume even with some harder to drive IEMs, so play safe and keep HG on

For some people HG sounds a bit more forward and vivid. I'm not sure if thereis another difference besides volume for me. The battery life might be shorter on HG, cannot say for sure, but it might be

Jan 18, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #10,739 of 22,021
Yes, as far as I tested, AMP5 is the widest, and deepest with the best instrument separation as well :darthsmile:

I agree!!! I only have AMP1 and AMP5 and the latter is soo much better in everyway. The punch, the tonality, the fluidity, the soundstage w/o loss of details makes it a winner. As i said before, it is like using a tube amp. Sounds Sweet, natural and analogue...just my 5 cents thou

Thanks for the reply, sound like I should get AMP5 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back