DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 1, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #9,751 of 22,021
I am using DX200 Amp2 + Continental Dual Mono + Ether C Flow.
I find that the sound is much fuller, with better timbre and is more musical if I source it from "Phone out" as opposed to "Line out" of Amp2.
I thought that "double amping" would have some negative side effects. Surprise....

I guess the double amp will have to be depending on your external amp. The Amp3 was ugly with Stax amp and that I preferred Line Out instead, but at home stereo amp, I had to use phone out :)

Nov 1, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #9,752 of 22,021
@Paul I ordered AMP3 despite the fact that AMP4 was out. I received confirmation fro Paypal but nothing from iBasso. While some here says they had confirmation of shipmentand had none for order.
Please email me your full name and I can check for you.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 1, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #9,753 of 22,021
Lol I can use 512GB SDXC for DX200! IMG_0154.JPG IMG_0155.JPG

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #9,756 of 22,021
I am using DX200 Amp2 + Continental Dual Mono + Ether C Flow.
I find that the sound is much fuller, with better timbre and is more musical if I source it from "Phone out" as opposed to "Line out" of Amp2.
I thought that "double amping" would have some negative side effects. Surprise....

That's just your preference of sound coloring, nothing wrong with it :wink: The so called "negative" side effects is mostly a distortion/saturation that will give a sound that fuller/musical timbre you're talking about. Happy experimenting and listening!!! :D

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #9,760 of 22,021
That's even better than otg I would think. You wouldnt have to have it hanging off your DX200.
It uses WiFi so I can place in my back pack or Drawer it also
That's even better than otg I would think. You wouldnt have to have it hanging off your DX200.
It uses WiFi has it's own channel

Nov 1, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #9,761 of 22,021
Hi Guys
I extimated the battery drain is 20-25% per days in stand by. Sure to have gone out by the player and no songs in pause. At the end a full charge does not reach 4 days of standby. Normal or battery problem?
With ARM2 the standby hits some weeks. Maybe 2% per day...
(I'd expect also Android 6 would have a better power management than Android 4.)

Ciao!

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #9,762 of 22,021
Hi Guys
I extimated the battery drain is 20-25% per days in stand by. Sure to have gone out by the player and no songs in pause. At the end a full charge does not reach 4 days of standby. Normal or battery problem?
(I'd expect also Android 6 would have a better power management than Android 4.)

Ciao!

I noticed less battery drain while in idle / stand-by

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #9,763 of 22,021
Hi Guys

Ciao!
If you turn the gain to low I've noticed that battery life increases. You can turn it down in the Mango app.

Nov 1, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #9,764 of 22,021
Hi Guys

Ciao!
I always turn it off when not using and not hooked up to the charger. I have the SONY WM1Z that sometimes is left on because it turns on when it is charged and if I unplug it from the charger, it is on. The Sony can go a long time in standby but it does drain the battery and it is very frustrating to pick it up and it is near dead. I think the best practice is to turn off the DX200 as it only takes a few seconds for it to boot up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back