DX200/220 Amp8, MAX and other EX modifications
May 14, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #82 of 473
Only AMP7 and AMP8 are advertised as discrete amp module.
Thats interesting, has anyone cracked open the amp 1 module and taken a look at its circuitry?

If it uses op amps then maybe one can replace the built-in ones with the op amps of their preference.

May 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #83 of 473
Thats interesting, has anyone cracked open the amp 1 module and taken a look at its circuitry?

If it uses op amps then maybe one can replace the built-in ones with the op amps of their preference.

Hello.

iBasso is carefully implemented with OPamp and circuit review.
I do not exchange OPamps because I think it was decided after a lot of time and testing.

I have evaluated a lot of OPamps up to now, but to get good sound quality and performance, it is necessary to change the phase compensation and other appropriate circuits for each OPamp.
An OPamp with similar characteristics is only a success if it is a simple exchange.
(OPamp of the image is a part of it that I evaluated, but it took about 2 years for the individual)

I think exchange of OPamp is necessary separately from this EX thread.
D6nAxAPUEAA8XQA.jpg:large

May 15, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #84 of 473
Hello.

iBasso is carefully implemented with OPamp and circuit review.
I do not exchange OPamps because I think it was decided after a lot of time and testing.

I have evaluated a lot of OPamps up to now, but to get good sound quality and performance, it is necessary to change the phase compensation and other appropriate circuits for each OPamp.
An OPamp with similar characteristics is only a success if it is a simple exchange.
(OPamp of the image is a part of it that I evaluated, but it took about 2 years for the individual)

I think exchange of OPamp is necessary separately from this EX thread.
D6nAxAPUEAA8XQA.jpg:large
Dang, that's a mighty impressive collection you have there.

And yeah, it makes sense that ibasso would have picked what they though was best for the amp module. Being able to swap op amps would be kind of fun though.

One question, would it be feasible to solder dip 8 sockets to the Soic 8 on the audio board? I may get an extra amp 1 MK2 to perform the mod if its possible.

May 15, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #85 of 473
Dang, that's a mighty impressive collection you have there.

And yeah, it makes sense that ibasso would have picked what they though was best for the amp module. Being able to swap op amps would be kind of fun though.

One question, would it be feasible to solder dip 8 sockets to the Soic 8 on the audio board? I may get an extra amp 1 MK2 to perform the mod if its possible.

AMP is a multilayer board very small and OPamp is mounted on both sides, so it is impossible to mount a socket.
There is no alternative but to replace directly, but it is technically difficult because other parts are densely packed.

(I am waiting for the arrival of DX220, so I do not know about the actual AMP1 MK2)
Please judge the PCB of AMP by yourself.

May 15, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #86 of 473
AMP is a multilayer board very small and OPamp is mounted on both sides, so it is impossible to mount a socket.
There is no alternative but to replace directly, but it is technically difficult because other parts are densely packed.

(I am waiting for the arrival of DX220, so I do not know about the actual AMP1 MK2)
Please judge the PCB of AMP by yourself.
Yeah, that's why i was considering getting another AMP 1 MK2 module so I can drill holes in it for clearance.

Here's a few pic of the AMP 1 MK2 from the DX220 thread
52206604-657D-47CE-B08D-484FDAFA0357.jpeg

6387C672-9FDB-48DC-B3EA-A11DEE01FC35.jpeg

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #87 of 473
Amp modules from Ibasso is 2 sided design. Anything involving a drilling through will damage the amp. Unless you understand the schematic and can read the traces well enough to avoid thrilling the top through the bottom without cutting off or shorting any traces.

Such ideas, even myself, and I understand both schematic and traces very well, with some experiences in amp making.....don’t even want to think about :)

I am with @EggofSound here, the EX is to extract the most out of stock design under extreme modifications. Rolling op amps should be on another thread, and even so, it would require lab equipments to make sure no funky and funny oscillations going on at any given sweep

May 15, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #88 of 473
Amp modules from Ibasso is 2 sided design. Anything involving a drilling through will damage the amp. Unless you understand the schematic and can read the traces well enough to avoid thrilling the top through the bottom without cutting off or shorting any traces.

Such ideas, even myself, and I understand both schematic and traces very well, with some experiences in amp making.....don’t even want to think about :)

I am with @EggofSound here, the EX is to extract the most out of stock design under extreme modifications. Rolling op amps should be on another thread, and even so, it would require lab equipments to make sure no funky and funny oscillations going on at any given sweep
Yeah sorry for the OT

What I intend to do is to use wires to connect the soic 8 socket to a dip 8 socket. No drilling through board. The only drilling involved would be on the housing of the amp module to make space.

And since I can't measure oscillations and so on, I intend to go through numerous op amps and see how each of them sound. Hence why I wanted to go with sockets in the first place.

May 15, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #90 of 473
Just to confirm, there is solder mask on the PCB right?

Uhm...depends on what you mean ? Specific valued ? Or components ID ? Not exactly. As you can see in those pictures you posted, they are more like Grouped organizations instead. The Mask itself is BLack as you see too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back