DX1000 Vs LA7000: Some observations and comparisons
May 3, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your impressions, it's a very interesting to read!

I assume you've tried the AudioTechnica W5000 before? Am I correct in assuming the W5000 sound stage would be larger than the DX1000?

I have, but I wouldn't say (from memory) that their soundstage was larger. I would still put the DX1000 down as the most soundstageous closed can I've heard. CD3000 I remember having a decent sized soundstage too, but it's been too long since I've spent time with one of those.

May 4, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have, but I wouldn't say (from memory) that their soundstage was larger. I would still put the DX1000 down as the most soundstageous closed can I've heard. CD3000 I remember having a decent sized soundstage too, but it's been too long since I've spent time with one of those.

The CD3000 has indeed a wonderous SS enhanced even further with the Headphile version,I have not listened to the DX1000 so have no comparison to make.
There have been threads where these two phones have been compared and I guess it is up to the individual to read between the lines.

May 4, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #18 of 22
Good stuff! Thanks for posting that - I enjoyed reading it.

May 4, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd describe the W5000 sound stage to be large (I also love their detail, but they sound a bit sterile).

I've had enough of dynamic headphones but you are making me a bit curious about the DX1000s...

May 4, 2010 at 11:20 AM Post #22 of 22
DX-1000 is good unmodded but I have to say it is too "cavey", very specific sound, very lush and alive but for my personal taste total lack of highs was a big let down, even though I enjoyed it, there was always something missing. When I let D5000 go, I did not regret one bit but it always felt that DX-1000 lacked something that D5000 had. After modding on the other hand dx-1000 has become the versatile and flexible. I can enjoy chamber pop and rock, it is perfect with ambient, it has highs that I love and bass that you guys love. I am pretty much set, I stopped surfing head-fi and enjoying music! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back