Dvorak's 9th Good Recording?
Jun 24, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #16 of 28
Screening these posts here in the music forum will cost me dearly. Ok not as much as the equipment to play it
wink.gif
Just found the Solti & Toscannin for less than $2 each (CD, used, like new) and the Talich for $5.
Looking forward to the New World (I already have the Reiner & Kubelik).

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #17 of 28

This one is going to cost a little bit more... but it's worth it.
http://www.amazon.com/Concerto-Symphony-Blu-ray-Herbert-Karajan/dp/B00424NWHS/

Jun 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #19 of 28
Still one of the best!

Jun 25, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #21 of 28
Yeah, I get it, literally ...
wink.gif

1 of: Dvorak: Symphony No. 9 "From the New World"
By: Antonin Dvorak

Condition: Used - Like New                   $ 1.42

Jun 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #23 of 28
SXL6291

Istvan Kertesz / LSO

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #24 of 28
  ...well that' one of the advantages of regular industrial updates of formats: Bargains on the outdated...

Yes, of course from a marketing perspective the old crap is near unsellable now and should be dumped in a landfill immediately to make shelf room for the latest and greatest new release technology. I still buy CDs. I often get a full album (used , like new)  for the price of two mp3 downloads, so I don't mind too much that is already a completely outdated format [16/44.1]
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #25 of 28
Ha! You're funny!

Jun 25, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #26 of 28

...well that' one of the advantages of regular industrial updates of formats: Bargains on the outdated...

Yes, of course from a marketing perspective the old crap is near unsellable now and should be dumped in a landfill immediately to make shelf room for the latest and greatest new release technology. I still buy CDs. I often get a full album (used , like new)  for the price of two mp3 downloads, so I don't mind too much that is already a completely outdated format [16/44.1]
biggrin.gif

...what an irony of fate.... the latest greatest and newest technology, the download, doesn't even require any shelf-room anymore....

Hooooray!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back