DVD: Tuesday, "Bloodrayne"
May 28, 2006 at 4:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
So I saw this as one of the new dvds out this week, so it was that or by the dozen 2.

I picked up bloodrayne, havent had the chance to watch it yet, so I was wondering what your thoughts are about this film?

It stars kristana loken! i.e. that gorgeous blonde iin Terminator 3.
Didnt realize it until I was waiting in line to pay for it.

I wont be expecting much, the film is also directed by uwe boll

the same guy that directed the horror stinkers house of the dead and alone in the dark.

Ive seen both films. They were so bad that they were kind of good.

May 28, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #2 of 23
Wait, you actually bought BloodRayne?! OH NOOOOOEEEEESSSSSSSS!

"Dr." Uwe Boll is an insult to movie-making. His stuff is so bad I'd rather watch a Paul W.S. Anderson movie, and that's saying a LOT!

May 28, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 23
When Bloodrayne came out I found it silly that a movie could be made based on a bad game that didn't even sell well. So many good games have been passed over over the years that I can't help but wonder whether it was simply some producer's 12 year old son who pushed this film through.

m

May 28, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #4 of 23
I saw it in the theatres since I had free movie passes to burn, I still felt ripped off. Even the naked Kristana Loken sex scene couldn't save this movie, that's how much it sucked.

May 28, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 23
House of the Dead was laugh out loud funny, maybe this will be too.

May 28, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #7 of 23
It's a movie/game about a sexy vampiress who kills nazis. What do you think I think about it?
wink.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2006 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 23
just finished watching the sad excuse of a film.

The thing is that the filmn has some big names in it, like Kristana Loken and michelle rodriguez.

the bad thing is I felt sorry for these guys as they are far better than what this film had to offer. Its almost a hit against their career and might be something that may be detrimental to their reputation to some.

once again uwe boll, has proved to be one of the worst directors to grace the history of film.

Unlike previous films of his, I didnt catch the lazy editor scenes, that I did in his other films.

i.e. house of the dead = hook hand guy... on some scenes you can see his had holding the fish hook under the sleeve.

alone in the dark.. soldier gets killed, and editor accidentally forgets to edit out the part the soldier gets up after the scene. So soldier gets gunned down.. lays there for 2 seconds and suddenly sits up.

the movie bloodrayne is so bad I had to laugh at some of the scenes and think to myself how can any self respecting director make something so bad.

if you want to see some really bad movie direction, editing and story rent the film to see how bad some of these guys try to pass off as a movie.

May 29, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #11 of 23
Yeah, he is...you know, why did he agree to be in such a sorry excuse for a film? Has anybody here seen his performance in Gandhi? So magnificent...and his latest acting was in this?

May 29, 2006 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 23
His character in House of Sand and Fog was so unbelievable. I think he has a history though of phoning it in for weak movies to make a couple extra bucks.

m

May 29, 2006 at 5:57 PM Post #13 of 23
yes there were quite a few accomplished actors in the film,
It had me shake my head in shame seeing them resort to such a movie.
Id understand if the film was casted with no names and b movie actors.

maybe all the money was spent on the paychecks and less on the film?

May 29, 2006 at 6:31 PM Post #14 of 23
http://www.boxoffice.com/scripts/fiw...=ID&terms=8501

Quote:

German director Uwe Boll ("House of the Dead," "Alone in the Dark") is fast becoming known as one of the worst directors on the planet. Indeed, Boll's films are archetypes of bad filmmaking: his shots don't match, making for wholly incoherent action sequences; his production designs are from high school plays; and the performances of his actors are wildly inconsistent. Yet he continues to license big-name videogame titles and turn them into movies with ever more impressive casts. Geraldine Chaplin, Billy Zane and Meat Loaf Aday appear for cameos, while Boll somehow lures an Oscar-nominated Knight of the British Order to play a character as ridiculous as the King of the Vampires. As for Loken, she's more than passable as a cool and aloof vampire-chick. She has hips and lips, and the penetrating eyes that made her a great killing machine in "T3" don't hurt her as another kind of killing machine here. Unfortunately for her, she is the one performer who can least afford to be in a Uwe Boll picture. The rest of the cast is either so obscure it doesn't matter or so famous it doesn't matter. For Ms. Loken, it matters.-Tim Cogshell

May 29, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #15 of 23
http://www.reel.com/movie.asp?MID=14...en&CID=13#tabs

Quote:

Whatever else you may think of Boll's directorial "skills," you can't fault him for inconsistency—his movies are always atrocious, and Bloodrayne is no exception. In terms of production values, it looks marginally better than the ultra-cheap Alone in the Dark, but the scenic Romanian location photography is all that Bloodrayne has going for it. It's Boll's usual mishmash of ineptly staged action scenes, shoddy special effects, muddled storytelling, laughable dialogue, and borderline amateurish performances by the entire cast, which also includes straight-to-video staples Michael Pare, Meat Loaf and Billy Zane. Admittedly, it's not exactly a cast of thespian giants, save for Kingsley, who may have to return his Gandhi Oscar if he keeps making duds like this one and A Sound of Thunder. Also slumming her way through Bloodrayne is Geraldine Chaplin, in a one-scene role as a creepy fortuneteller.

Although he's universally reviled, Boll somehow manages to continue securing financing for his video game adaptations. Next up is In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, with Loken, Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, and Burt Reynolds. From the look of the trailer, bad movie junkies won't be disappointed—like Bloodrayne, it's another flush job for "Toilet" Boll.

Gasp... Loken is doing another uwe boll film!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back