DvD Tues: Date Movie
Jun 4, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Where do you get a list of upcoming movie titles? And now that I think about it, Date Movie just had some of the stupidest humuor ever. Then again, I hated the Scary Movie series too.

I use Movie Gallery for the list of upcoming movies. It looks like Blockbuster doesn't tell you what's coming up. Movie Gallery doesn't contain the full list, but they usually have the majot hits everyone wants.

Jun 4, 2006 at 1:28 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim
I use Movie Gallery for the list of upcoming movies. It looks like Blockbuster doesn't tell you what's coming up. Movie Gallery doesn't contain the full list, but they usually have the majot hits everyone wants.

Cool, I haven't seen any good summer movies yet, I am planning to go see over the hedge though or whatever it's called.

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #18 of 21
"Over the Hedge" was one of the few movies I saw at a theater. It was great! Cartoon movies are so much better now. The stuff that was available when I was a kid just doesn't compare. It was Disney, or nothing. Of course, it's a major time warp to return to my childhood.

Just noticed that we joined HeadFi at the same time. You abviously contribute a lot more than I (3 to 1 post count ratio). Must return to Music Game, LOL.

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:07 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
So this week, I picked up this dvd for my weekly visit to home theater. Ive found the movie a bit dissapointing. Anyone else see this film? Maybe it was because I am not familiar with all the romantic movies it was a parody of.

Directed by the same director of the scary movies. I had high hopes of getting a good laugh from this film. It had its moments, but I felt disconnected with most of the movie. And some jokes I simply did not understand.

there are some genuine comic moments in it with the following parodies of

Lord of the Rings
meet polly
meet the parents
and dodgeball

but Id say this movie is definately a rent over purchase. Make sure you keep up with all the happenings of the date films it parodies, otherwise you may find yourself at a loss as I did.

My daughter and I watched this on cable a while back and I thought it was one of the poorer movies I had ever seen. My daughter on the other hand laughed almost throughout the entire thing. The big difference I had not seen most of the movies they were making fun of and she had seen them all. Like you say there were some funny moments when I got the reference.

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #20 of 21
You want a good funny movie?

Rent Sideways. It's not stupid cheesy Scary Movie-type of funny - this movie shows you how far a great script and great actors can take you.

Rent it, if you honestly hated it, I'd personally pay your money back.
biggrin.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #21 of 21
I'll agree with that. It was pretty bad, and pretty short. Only about 83 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back