Dutch meet 08-11-2009 at Soest. Folks, gears, place and all that fun, come and share
Nov 11, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #16 of 26
[size=large]I am posting this one for Anouk[/size]
wink.gif

Hello, Paaj, thank your mother for the food and hospitality! It was a lot of fun! Indra, thanks for the ride!
I listened to paajs stax setup and absolutely loved it. I want one now too! I also totally loved Blackmores setup with the akg k1000 the soundstage and imaging were just out of this world (I mean i thought the hd800 was special but the akg just totally blows that away imho).
I also listened to stich (i think) setup and I was totally surprised how good it sounded. I really liked the dacmagic it was better imho then the built-in symphony dac and really made my hd800 sound better. I also loved the little dot amp in combination with the dacmagic and the little dot cd player, that stuff that costs so relatively little can sound so good!
I listened to the sony r10 but was not that impressed with it. I heard the grado hf2 and am happy i did not buy it, grados (except the gs1k and ps1k) just dont have soundstage.
The food was nice too!
It was really nice meeting all you guys in reality now that I have been posting on head-fi for over a year. Nice to meet Sergei for the first time and to meet Henk again, i hope you guys can stay longer next time! I really want to hear your setup again Sergei.
I hope Kees can bring his stax setup next time!
I think some people made pics so I guess they will be posted later.
Greetings, Anouk,

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 26
Hey Sergei, thanks for reposting for me. We should really do a european meet next time so that we have more diversity in amps and sources. I think nl would be ideal for this and hopefully ticket prices will get lower in the future as well. An alternative to canjam would kick ass. But nevertheless this meet was great as it was.
Greetings, Anouk

Nov 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #18 of 26
Beautiful house blackmore.. The DT48 sound is very pedestrain, & doesn't grab you you like the R10/K1000.. They are nothing special in that sense.. IMO, & maybe I'm alone on this, I see it as a positive, or at the very least a good contrast between other headphones.. The K1000 really are special, & would love to have a pair with a great amp.. They very under rated IMO.. Might sound odd, but I'm sure others will agree with me.. Drose, how do the 900 compare to the unmodded DT48.. The 900 seem like a headphone I might like, but the amount of bass scares me.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #19 of 26
Well, indeed, beautiful house, however not my, but still...
smile.gif

DT48 are not comfy and may need some other amp than I tried them with, but most of it is their comfort, which wasn't there, at least for me.

I didn't have enough time to get closer with most of the headphones, include R10 and L3000, must leave after 2 hours of been there, exactly at the most important moment, when you coming in the second part of the meet where you can focus on something and take more time for it, pity, next time maybe...

I liked KEES's modded 900, great/full bass, but still in balance, they are bit to dark for my taste, other than that pretty interesting headphones to try them again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautiful house blackmore.. The DT48 sound is very pedestrain, & doesn't grab you you like the R10/K1000.. They are nothing special in that sense.. IMO, & maybe I'm alone on this, I see it as a positive, or at the very least a good contrast between other headphones.. The K1000 really are special, & would love to have a pair with a great amp.. They very under rated IMO.. Might sound odd, but I'm sure others will agree with me.. Drose, how do the 900 compare to the unmodded DT48.. The 900 seem like a headphone I might like, but the amount of bass scares me.

Nov 12, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #20 of 26
Hmmm, Henk, I would like to have heard your r10s out of your own setup. I did not realize you didn't bring yours. I know that amping can make a world of a difference so I'll keep my opinion reserved. What would an mahler R10 cost? I'm not really interested in investing more money into dynamic hps though I guess...
Going to build a system to fully match my ed9 and then I will take the plunge into the K1000 world, I am still too impressed to let it go :wink:
My boyfriend has surprised my tremendously by ordering a Little Dot MKIII for me...I do not know what to expect... It's my first step into tubish things and we both (i thought he did at first) have never heard it...I am looking forward though...something new!!!

A European thing would be great, Anouk. It would be nice to be able to listen to more spread over multiple days. I believe we did once spoke about a headfi camp haha but that never took off.
Germany did have a huge meet not too many years ago..might ve worthwile keeping an eye on...

More sources...yeah, the first meet with so many Apples floating around. I will probably never use a CDP again, just because it ain't practical for me but I'll try to fix that amping for the next time...

Nov 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, indeed, beautiful house, however not my, but still...
smile.gif

DT48 are not comfy and may need some other amp than I tried them with, but most of it is their comfort, which wasn't there, at least for me.

I didn't have enough time to get closer with most of the headphones, include R10 and L3000, must leave after 2 hours of been there, exactly at the most important moment, when you coming in the second part of the meet where you can focus on something and take more time for it, pity, next time maybe...

I liked KEES's modded 900, great/full bass, but still in balance, they are bit to dark for my taste, other than that pretty interesting headphones to try them again.

I think you need a wrench to loosen them up.. Oddly, a few of my other DT48 are self adjustable like most regular phones.. Would like to hear the R10/L3000/P900.

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:15 PM Post #22 of 26
So, did you guys and girls discuss the possibility of a European meeting in The Netherlands sometime next year?

Nov 13, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #23 of 26
Good question, but I dont think so, however I was leaving to early to be sure of it, anyone? And Miguel (GuyDebord) wasnt there either, cos he was planning to do so, I believe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, did you guys and girls discuss the possibility of a European meeting in The Netherlands sometime next year?

Nov 15, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What would an mahler R10 cost? I'm not really interested in investing more money into dynamic hps though I guess...

DavidMahler does an interest check - but since he states he needs the cash it is likely he will sell, and I don't think they come cheap.

Quote:

Going to build a system to fully match my ed9 and then I will take the plunge into the K1000 world, I am still too impressed to let it go :wink:

The K1000 was good, wasn't it?

Quote:

My boyfriend has surprised my tremendously by ordering a Little Dot MKIII for me...I do not know what to expect... It's my first step into tubish things and we both (i thought he did at first) have never heard it...I am looking forward though...something new!!!

Well - Blackmore and Kees have extensive knowledge of tubes. And Stitch en ApatN might have some ideas for tubes as well since they own the thing
biggrin.gif

I must say that from the pictures I expected the size of most tube-amps to be bigger. The meet was a real eye-opener in that sense.

Nov 25, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #25 of 26
Sorry guys, a little OT here-- anybody can point me to a guy/store that can recable my cans to a balanced one? I'm living in Voorburg.

Ik begrijpt maar een beetje Nederlands, ik spijt me
redface.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #26 of 26
VERRRRRY OF-TOPIC imo, you could have used the PM-system.
wink.gif

Anyway, what pair of phones are you looking to get balanced? If it uses a 4 conductor cable then all you need to do is take off the old plug and solder on a new balanced connection. Anyone that know how to use a soldering iron can do it so take it to your local DIY or repair store and they can help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back