Durable, Closed, Foldable Portable Cans to Replace AT M2X
Sep 27, 2007 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

pineapples10

100+ Head-Fier
I work at a small, but growing Public Access TV station. We are in the midst of upgrading our field kits that we lend out to producers (usually consists of a camera, shotgun mic, batteries and headphones). For years we've had pairs of Audio Technica M2X's, but we've found that they are starting to fall apart. We are looking for something to replace them that are a little more portable. I've thought about the AKG K26P, but I dont like the headband. The Sennheiser PX 200 looks good, but i've never used them personally, and they are at just about my limit on price (I'd like not to spend more than $40 or $50 per set, as we have to replace them fairly often from abuse). Can you guys recommend anything else?

Sep 27, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 7
Anyone? Bueller?

Sep 28, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #3 of 7
Someone messaged me reccomending the Equation Audio RP-15, but it seems like it might be a somewhat pricey option. Anyone have any other reccomendations?

Sep 28, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 7
I only know of the Sennheiser HD280 and the RP-15 for closed, foldable headphones. Sony makes some as well, but they're all over budget I think.
frown.gif

Edit: Maybe the Sennheiser PX200. I don't know if they're durable enough (never had them).

Sep 28, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Does anyone know of a place to budy Equation RP-15s online?

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:54 AM Post #7 of 7
Senn pmx200 isnt durable at all and theyre very hollow and plastic sounding really. AKG k26p are better than the pmx200. Being you lend them out, maybe the headband doesnt matter as much because i dont mind it on mine,and maybe most people wont either. What about the Sennheiser HD201 ? Theyre cheap and some people on Head-Fi have praised them for the durability and price.

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite...transid=500155

Users who are viewing this thread

Back