DUNU's Alpha 3 Earbuds Are Now Available!
Jul 12, 2023 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16
Introducing the DUNU Alpha 3, a brand new flagship-level flat-head earbuds from the house of DUNU!

A3.png

Massive Sound With A Massive Driver​

The Alpha 3 is a premium quality set built with large 14.2mm dynamic driver hosting LCP (Liquid Crystal Polymer) composite diaphragm and independent suspension.

A6.png

Invisible Surround Multi-Channel Acoustic Vent Design Architecture​

In order to get a truly high-resolution sound performance with the pair, DUNU has designed the Alpha 3 with a surround multi-channel acoustic vent design with vents placed on the back of the shell. The vents are invisible as they are hidden with the tip of the earbuds on the back side of the shell.

A7.png

Low-Frequency & Dynamics Enhancing Acoustic Cavity Structure​

DUNU Alpha 3 features a specially designed inner cavity that helps in reducing standing wave reflection. This design structure enables the Alpha 3 to produce a strong low-frequency response and enhanced dynamics in the output. You get pure sound with strong lower-end & refined details.
A1.png

Exquisitely Crafted Ear Shells:​

DUNU quality and finish remain present throughout the build. It is finished with a rich matte black with our logo engraved on the back side, and the cavities are made of high quality stainless steel mixed with aluminum alloy.

A4.png

High-Purity Stock Cable​

Our stock cable is a DUNU quality non-detachable cable with high-purity single-crystal copper silver-plated Litz braided cable. The pair is available with either 3.5mm or 4.4mm termination options.

Accssesories.png

Jul 13, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 16
What are the impedance and sensitivity values?

Jul 13, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 16
Jul 13, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #4 of 16
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 16
I wonder how these sound vs the Fiio FF3. Same size driver but everything else quite different. Still a similar focus on fixing earbud bass. The FF3 do take care of that. After a looong time being interested in Dunu, this may be my first taste! How’s the general signature?

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 16
Good timing - I've been looking to add a traditional earbud to my collection. Before I knew I was going to be in a forum, my walkmans all had earbuds or cheapie little on ears.

Will replacement foam be available or a recommended 3rd party source?

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #8 of 16
I like the shell design what is the weight of each?

Good timing - I've been looking to add a traditional earbud to my collection. Before I knew I was going to be in a forum, my walkmans all had earbuds or cheapie little on ears.

Will replacement foam be available or a recommended 3rd party source?

I will ask both of these questions and get back to you guys.

Jul 21, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 16
My first go with them is with the full cover foams. I need to learn how to wear them apparently

I do not get a full sound (top->bottom) unless I wedge them between the concha and canal opening. Very tight fit for me. The wire weight and design is grabby on clothing and also slightly heavy - the wire assists in pulling the already poor connection out of my ear. If they are designed to just rest in the concha and forego all bass, than these might not be for me.

With the the full seat and me not moving - they are a nice immersive experience, but not too far off from a porta pro in technical ability, (early impressions - grain of salt please) and then that begs questions about their value. I'm naive to ear buds since the last time I had them in the late 80's - early 90's.

Glad I'm giving them a chance - wrote off ear buds a long time ago.

EDIT / P.S. - I hope I am not unfairly comparing them to a similarly price Etymotic ER2XR that I find to be a very nice product with the caveat of the comfort. But since comfort is compromised with the earbud shape also, than I think it is fair to compare.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 16
My first go with them is with the full cover foams. I need to learn how to wear them apparently

I do not get a full sound (top->bottom) unless I wedge them between the concha and canal opening. Very tight fit for me. The wire weight and design is grabby on clothing and also slightly heavy - the wire assists in pulling the already poor connection out of my ear. If they are designed to just rest in the concha and forego all bass, than these might not be for me.

With the the full seat and me not moving - they are a nice immersive experience, but not too far off from a porta pro in technical ability, (early impressions - grain of salt please) and then that begs questions about their value. I'm naive to ear buds since the last time I had them in the late 80's - early 90's.

Glad I'm giving them a chance - wrote off ear buds a long time ago.

EDIT / P.S. - I hope I am not unfairly comparing them to a similarly price Etymotic ER2XR that I find to be a very nice product with the caveat of the comfort. But since comfort is compromised with the earbud shape also, than I think it is fair to compare.
Absolute game changer for me with the FF3: silicone hooks
For $1 these let you forget any and all fit issues

Jul 26, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #12 of 16
I gave them a different listening approach and found appreciation for the unique traits. They still fall out of my ears if I move too fast or shuffle around in bed too much.

Pair them with a subwoofer and it would be a really nice setup.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 16
I like what I'm seeing. I have the Fiio FF3, and I'm really enjoying it.

I feel it would be complementary to having the Alpha 3 and my Fiio FF3. FF3 is fun V-shaped with great bass and the Alpha 3 is bright neutral.

Aug 6, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #14 of 16
I have had the Dunu Alpha 3 for a few days now. These buds are fantastic. They trade blows with my TOTL end game flatheads the Once Upon Audio Pheonix model that costs well over $200. At $80 bux I think the Alpha 3s are a steal. The sound signature is relatively flat with a little mid bass boost but not enough to muddy up the mids. Speaking of the mids, they are the star of the show. Very clean and detailed but with excellent note weight. The upper mids and treble are silky smooth with no harshness or sibilance of any kind.Even when driven to ear splitting levels. Male and Female vocals come through with equal authority and sound very natural. They are very easy to drive. I got the 3.5mm option. The build quality and accessories are top notch. Very comfortable fit with the donut foams supplied. They are definitely keepers for me. Sources were an ifI Go Blue and the ifI Gryphon.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #15 of 16
Absolute game changer for me with the FF3: silicone hooks
For $1 these let you forget any and all fit issues

Will have to try these out myself.

I gave them a different listening approach and found appreciation for the unique traits. They still fall out of my ears if I move too fast or shuffle around in bed too much.

Pair them with a subwoofer and it would be a really nice setup.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I like what I'm seeing. I have the Fiio FF3, and I'm really enjoying it.

I feel it would be complementary to having the Alpha 3 and my Fiio FF3. FF3 is fun V-shaped with great bass and the Alpha 3 is bright neutral.

Yes, they would be a good compliment for those who already have the FF3.

I have had the Dunu Alpha 3 for a few days now. These buds are fantastic. They trade blows with my TOTL end game flatheads the Once Upon Audio Pheonix model that costs well over $200. At $80 bux I think the Alpha 3s are a steal. The sound signature is relatively flat with a little mid bass boost but not enough to muddy up the mids. Speaking of the mids, they are the star of the show. Very clean and detailed but with excellent note weight. The upper mids and treble are silky smooth with no harshness or sibilance of any kind.Even when driven to ear splitting levels. Male and Female vocals come through with equal authority and sound very natural. They are very easy to drive. I got the 3.5mm option. The build quality and accessories are top notch. Very comfortable fit with the donut foams supplied. They are definitely keepers for me. Sources were an ifI Go Blue and the ifI Gryphon.

Thanks so much for the love @fiddler59 - what music do you use to listen to mostly?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back