Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Sep 26, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #121 of 664
Hey guys, so our PR SA6 and @Redcarmoose's SA6 are actually two different colors. The one from our PR is orange with green, while @Redcarmoose is orange-red with purple. Due to the characteristics of the stabilized wood, there could be different colors with different combination. Meaning that the faceplates may come in colors different from the pictures. We had audiophile received his with all purples.

Great read, @Redcarmoose ! Just wanted to take the opportunity here to mention that there is more than one color pattern to the stabilized wood faceplates offered on the SA6.

While the promotional photos mostly showed a yellow/green stabilized wood pattern, we have many color patterns that we're using. Unfortunately, in order to streamline our production process, we're not currently offering to allow a specific choice of color. This is why we only state that the faceplates are made from stabilized wood, and do not specify any specific color to the faceplates. We understand that this may cause some confusion, as the units received by @davidmolliere and @Redcarmoose are different in color and pattern. As more people receive their Studio SA6s, it will become more apparent.

Below is just a sample of the array of colors that we're shipping with the Studio SA6.

Will there be an option down the road to pick colors or a preference? I’m digging a few of those blue/purple faceplates!

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #122 of 664
Did Anyone compare with fearless S8Z or some Tri hibryd with EST?

Sep 27, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #123 of 664
I like some SA6 colors but not all, maybe I’ll wait if someone can show before I buy.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #124 of 664
We were talking about fit and tips, I find the Azla Sedna Xelastec have good synergy with the SA6... note I use one size smaller than on Luna for instance, deeper fit!

IMG_0068.jpg

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #126 of 664
Update: September 30th, 2020
After considerable investigation the main difference between the Fearless S6Rui and the Studio SA6 comes down to the SA6 getting better imaging inside the soundstage. The SA6 also shows better instrument definition/detail and timbre. Thus the SA6 can appear to have a wider soundstage and it may just be slightly broader with some elements. And......of course the slight upper midrange peak is present in the S6Rui as always in contrast to the smoother SA6.

Interestingly there is a touch of airiness generated by the S6Rui, which can cause elements in the upper midrange to appear bigger, but they may not be a desired attribute.

Cheers!

This post is also placed earlier in the thread as a duplicate. It turns out the differences from the Fearless S6Rui and Studio SA6 are in favor of the SA6, though elusive.

450B1D22-2837-4335-8E00-A4AC947E30B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 6:13 AM Post #127 of 664
Any problems with tips coming off the 6 as it looks like there is no lip on the end? These look very shallow insertion to me so wondreing if they might work with my right ear better than most uni's do?

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #128 of 664
Any problems with tips coming off the 6 as it looks like there is no lip on the end? These look very shallow insertion to me so wondreing if they might work with my right ear better than most uni's do?

My story of course was I wanted to use other tips at the start. Only to find the included tips stay on perfect. Yes, no lip, and even on other brands with no lip, the included tips are a dream. I posted about in the Head Gear section review for the Studio SA6. Review came out on the 25th.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 6:42 AM Post #129 of 664

Obviously fit is a person to person thing. But I normally don’t like shallow fit. The SA6 may look to have a short nozzle though due to the semi-custom form-factor the whole body actually tapers in first so the nozzle doesn’t end up needing to be as long.

They are the perfect weight, fit super nice in contrast to how they look like they would fit.

:)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 11:43 AM Post #130 of 664
the whole body actually tapers in first so the nozzle doesn’t end up needing to be as long.
it's interesting how few people realize this. you can still achieve good depth despite having a shorter IEM nozzle/stem. of course this depends on if your concha and canal taper naturally (which is normally the case with westerners, at least).

Sep 30, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #132 of 664
Looks like I'm the exception to the rule again :p

As all of us know who have used a bunch of universals; the fact that every IEM is a different story. It’s taking a three-dimensional surface and interfacing “it” with another 3D surface. Yet, even though the manufacture is using the ear shape database to form a semi-custom universal shape; every person and every fit experience is slightly different.

The point is, many of us have favorite tips and disrespect the included tips. The included tips are typically the last tried, as a habit for many. Therefore it’s a surprise when the included tips perform? :)

To view the SA6 nozzle is one story but to quickly get great and consistent fit with minimal adjustment can be the reality. As we all know fit is everything. As well as that “everything” adding to the experience of comfort. We are all just looking for a consistent and repeatable placement of the IEM, along with a long term listening comfort phenomena.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #133 of 664
As all of us know who have used a bunch of universals; the fact that every IEM is a different story. It’s taking a three-dimensional surface and interfacing “it” with another 3D surface. Yet, even though the manufacture is using the ear shape database to form a semi-custom universal shape; every person and every fit experience is slightly different.

The point is, many of us have favorite tips and disrespect the included tips. Therefore it’s a surprise when the included tips perform? :)

To view the SA6 nozzle is one story but to quickly get great and consistent fit with minimal adjustment can be the reality. As we all know fit is everything. As well as that “everything” adding to the experience of comfort. We are all just looking for a consistent and repeatable placement experience along with a long term listening comfort phenomena.
Deep 😎

Sep 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #134 of 664
For my main three manufacturers that I purchase from, (DUNU-Topsound, final, and FiiO), the tips normally work quite well with the given IEM.

Sep 30, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #135 of 664
1079B20B-DC73-4833-8E60-CB04B972EB82.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back