Dunu-Topsound Studio?
Oct 1, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #136 of 664
P1040700.JPGP1040701.JPG

The Studio SA6 is beautiful and sounds fantastic. I wrote up a review here: https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2020/09/dunu-studio-sa6-review.html

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #137 of 664
We were talking about fit and tips, I find the Azla Sedna Xelastec have good synergy with the SA6... note I use one size smaller than on Luna for instance, deeper fit!

IMG_0068.jpg
Hey, how is it compare to your fav Fibae 7? interested after reading reviews and looking at the graph. Probably my kind of iem, i sold my M9. Looking for a new one now!

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:28 AM Post #138 of 664
Hey, how is it compare to your fav Fibae 7? interested after reading reviews and looking at the graph. Probably my kind of iem, i sold my M9. Looking for a new one now!

Hmmm, I'd need to sit and do some A/B to really answer this in more detail but I can comment on the obvious... the FIBAE7 is fuller bodied and the upper mids are more forward as well. I also hear more sub bass rumble but keep in mind my F7 is a custom IEM.

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #139 of 664
Hmmm, I'd need to sit and do some A/B to really answer this in more detail but I can comment on the obvious... the FIBAE7 is fuller bodied and the upper mids are more forward as well. I also hear more sub bass rumble but keep in mind my F7 is a custom IEM.
sure, im looking forward. Not sure if u have heard ier M9 but i need something that has early rise on pinna and less midbass bump. Mostly listen to korean r&b and ballad. Also yes other genre as well for sure. Thanks!

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:54 AM Post #142 of 664
Further Notes On Soundstage Sound Character:
It’s a fact that while the SA6 soundstage is not the biggest in IEM land.....there is a rewarding quality about it that makes it seem way bigger than it is. Such a phenomenon will also not spread out a display way high, low......front or back; though you are not going to hear any complaints about it. Why? Because of the unique separation that just goes to outline and fill-in the imaging. The fact that we don’t have a background upper midrange backdrop but are left with a black clarity for cymbals and small quick tiny taps to sparkle and twinkle till they fade-away. It’s these little details which are enchanting and can be missed.

To land back grounded here, it’s noted that there can be somewhat of a tight congestion (mid-soundstage) within this tightness which other (more expensive) IEMs separate and delineate. So our landscape is very much like looking out across a panorama with noted thunder reverberations in the outer distance. It’s placement is probably very near, yet never feels like a wrongful vignette. Only upon comparisons would someone know that there is a slight myopic perspective at work in this display. Depending on the mix, this place can be a remembered and missed local, where the owner will want to find songs and find the SA6 to teleport back to.

At any rate, that far-off thunder in the distance and twinkle-cymbals up in-front can generate a thickness which ends up quite the illusion of reality. Of course matching song files and players will tailor the experience in character. In ending; true attempts of soundstaging and positioning seem to be parallel to what the music producer wanted? The fact that while not the biggest IEM soundstage exists, there is absolutely nothing created or subtracted here. An afternoon changing songs will attest to this clarity of placement, finding it purely created by the song file.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #143 of 664
Further Notes On Soundstage Sound Character:
It’s a fact that while the SA6 soundstage is not the biggest in IEM land, yet there is a rewarding quality about it that makes it seem way bigger than it is. Such a phenomenon will also not spread out a display way high, low......front or back, though you are not going to hear any complaints about it. Why? Because of the unique separation that just goes to outline and fill-in the imaging. The fact that we don’t have a background upper midrange backdrop but are left with a black clarity for cymbals and small quick tiny taps to sparkle and twinkle till they fade-away. It’s these little details which are enchanting and can be missed.

To land back grounded here, it’s noted that there can be somewhat of a tight congestion (mid-soundstage) within this tightness which other (more expensive) IEMs separate and delineate. So our landscape is very much like looking out across a panorama with noted thunder reverberations in the outer distance. It’s placement is probably very near, yet never feels like a wrongful vignette. Only upon comparisons would someone know that there is a slight myopic perspective at work in this display. Depending on the mix, this place can be a remembered and a missed place where the owner will want to find songs and find the SA6 to teleport back to.

At any rate, that far-off thunder in the distance and twinkle-cymbals up in-front can generate a thickness which ends up quite the illusion of reality. Of course matching song files and players will tailor the experience in character. In ending; true attempts of soundstaging and positioning seem to be parallel to what the music producer wanted? The fact that while not the biggest IEM soundstage exists, there is absolutely nothing created or subtracted here. An afternoon changing songs will attest to this clarity of placement, finding it purely created by the song file.
I just want to say that I really appreciate all the impressions you've been giving lately. I really like the way you dig into your descriptions at both a technical and emotional level.

Oct 2, 2020 at 2:34 AM Post #144 of 664
I just want to say that I really appreciate all the impressions you've been giving lately. I really like the way you dig into your descriptions at both a technical and emotional level.

Thank-you. It’s a field-day for rambling. :)

E3C36E13-99A1-4F50-91DF-DC1731327582.jpeg

Oct 2, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #145 of 664
is there anyone here using android phone with an apple dongle? this setup gives less power. Just wondering if SA6 can be loud enough with this setup?

Oct 2, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #146 of 664
is there anyone here using android phone with an apple dongle? this setup gives less power. Just wondering if SA6 can be loud enough with this setup?

Be happy to try the Apple Dongler and report back in about 4 hours.

Oct 2, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #147 of 664
Oct 2, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #148 of 664
CBBBEDA4-6911-4473-836A-43C7D31830B7.jpeg

Volume 58% out of 100% was as high as I could go. You’ll have no problem.

Excuse my humor.
250D54C9-DB4F-44D6-ABE2-FDFF4992296D.png

This here was way way too loud. No one could stand this volume level.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #149 of 664
CBBBEDA4-6911-4473-836A-43C7D31830B7.jpeg

Volume 58% out of 100% was as high as I could go. You’ll have no problem.

Excuse my humor.
250D54C9-DB4F-44D6-ABE2-FDFF4992296D.png

This here was way way too loud. No one could stand this volume level.
thanks buddy. Now i can consider buying this set :)

Oct 7, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #150 of 664
701F1ECA-B1BC-4078-8F7D-9057C7B185DF.jpeg

In my testing the black small port tips seem to enhance the bass and add overall smoothness while reducing midrange and treble. Both the blue and white while sounding slightly different...........would be a choice if wanting to open up midrange and reduce lower midrange and bass. IMO

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back