Dunu Titan S earwax problem.
Dec 31, 2023 at 9:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

WaxMartyr

New Head-Fier
I have very waxy ears and my Dunu Titan S are getting clogged really quickly. I have to clean the metal mesh every 2 hours with microfiber, or else the sound just deteriorates and i will have problems like channel imbalance and muffled sound. Despite this my other cheap obscure IEM feels just fine with me cleaning it once a month.
I don't use q-tips and i clean my eartips often; I have tried cleaning the mesh more thoroughly.
Nothing helps.
What do i do to prevent the earwax buildup? Buying earwax guard or small accessories for IEMs is not an option for my town.

Dec 31, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #2 of 3
Well, your username is certainly appropriate!

I'm afraid the only real help is checking to see if you have allergies. Sometimes excessive earwax can be caused by allergies. If you can control the allergies, maybe you can control the earwax. If not, you may have to stop using IEMs in favor of ear buds or regular headphones.

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, your username is certainly appropriate!

I'm afraid the only real help is checking to see if you have allergies. Sometimes excessive earwax can be caused by allergies. If you can control the allergies, maybe you can control the earwax. If not, you may have to stop using IEMs in favor of ear buds or regular headphones.
Yes, i do have eczema and allergies. The situation with my IEMs and ears is better now, when i started using bulb syringe instead of towels and fingers to clean my ears. Thanks for the reply

Users who are viewing this thread

Back