Dunu TITAN 3 & TITAN 5 US & Canada Impressions & Review Tour
Oct 27, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #16 of 126
Yeah, I'm in. From NY 11416 :) Let's see those T3 mids
wink.gif

Oct 27, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #20 of 126
I think they will be spaced out just enough that I should be okay. But that being said if there is someone in line that doesn't have anything going on, Please, let them take some time with them instead. Don't want to hog all the tour opportunities.

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 126

Hi all,

Unless you've been living under a rock, it'll come as no surprise to you that the Dunu TITAN 1 was one of the most well-received IEM so far in 2015. Well, Dunu wasn't content to rest on their laurels. They've already redesigned the TITAN, with two new models coming out soon. I just posted reviews for each, the TITAN 3 & TITAN 5. Now that I'm finished with my listening, I'm going to give you guys a chance to put them through their paces and let the Head-Fi community know what you think of them!

TITAN 3

Description:
Already awarded the Hi-Res AUDIO certification, Titan 3 utilizes a 13mm diameter single dynamic transducer with titanium diaphragm. Exhaustedly tuned by our design team, the titanium diaphragm’s signature transparency is pushed to its limit. Bass is fast and with adequate quantity and clean impact. Vocal is full, sweet, soulful and clearly defined. Treble is well extended, crisp and smooth with superb instrument positioning and detail reproduction. All in all, Titan 3 is best for vocal.

SPECS
Driver: 13mm titanium coated dynamic
Frequency Response: 10Hz-40KHz
SPL: 110±2dB
Impedance: 16Ω
Plug Size: 3.5mm Gold-plated L-plug
Cord Length: 1.2m
Weight: 24g

TITAN 5

Description:
Already awarded the Hi-Res AUDIO certification, Titan 5 utilizes a 13mm diameter single dynamic transducer with titanium diaphragm for its excellent transient and clarity as well as ability to handle high input power. Bass has good quantity and deep reach. Mid-range has clean and sweet vocal. High-range is smooth and detailed. By combining an analytical presentation, wide soundstage, accurate imaging, and well defined layering, Titan 5’s lifelike performance will make music much more enjoyable.

SPECS
Driver: 13mm titanium coated dynamic
Frequency Response: 10Hz-40KHz
SPL: 108±2dB
Impedance: 32Ω
Plug Size: 3.5mm Gold-plated L-plug
Cord Length: 1.2m
Weight: 24g

This tour is going tot start in Canada with my buds @hakushondaimao and @Tom22, so I'm looking for a few solid Canadian Head-Fi'ers to join the tour after them. Once the Canadian leg of the tour is finished, the TITANs will come back Stateside for the US leg of the tour.

TOUR GUIDELINES
I'm looking for 5-10 headfiers across U.S. & Canada who meet the following qualifications...
  1. Active headfi member in good standing with 100+ posts
  2. Solid gear impressions, a review, and/or trader feedback would be nice to see

Tour members agree to follow typical tour rules...
  1. Keep the TITANS for 7 days, shipping on the 8th day
  2. Treat the TITANS kindly, leaving them in "as new" condition for your fellow tour mates
  3. PM @nmatheis if you encounter issues with the TITANS
  4. PM the next tour member to request a shipping address soon after receiving the TITANs
  5. Pack the TITANS well to prevent damage during transit and cover shipping costs to the next participant
  6. PM the tracking number to the next tour member and @nmatheis
  7. Post some impressions or publish a review on headfi within a reasonable amount of time

TOUR APPLICATION PROCESS
  1. Make sure you meet the qualifications and agree to the tour rules
  2. Reply in this thread asap to express interest
  3. Please, please, please provide your location
  4. Subscribe to the thread and keep an eye on the second post for tour logistics

Alright, let's get this party started right. @hakushondaimao, are you ready for me to RELEASE THE TITANS?

Gee, did I not reply to this one? Ready when you are...
L3000.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #28 of 126
Funny you ask @_PsiFire_...

Look what I just got in the mail. Emphasis on just got! ChinaPost isn't known for it's speed, lol.
wink_face.gif

Here's the final piece of the puzzle I was waiting for before kicking off the tour!

The comfort accessories that will be included with the final retail versions just arrived, and as most of you guessed, they're ear stabilizers very similar to the ones on the DN2K. I popped them on the T3, took some pics, put them in my ears, and found they are very comfortable and hold the T3 in place very well. I've got the wee boys around today, so listening will have to wait. Once I get time, I'll grab a listen, update my review, and ship these off to @hakushondaimao, officially kicking off the tour!

Pics

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back