Dunu SA6 mk2 Shell/Fit vs. SA6 Ultra
Jun 13, 2023 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

virgz

New Head-Fier
Hello, I was fortunate enough to try a friends Dunu SA6 Ultras a little while ago. What blew me away was not only the tuning and sound quality, but equally the ergonomic fit to my ears. Now I am tempted to pull the trigger on the SA6 mk2. But since they seem to have a larger shell (see Audio-In Reviews video), I am worried that they may not fit me that well.

In the first show and tell on this forum, Dunu explicitly said the mk2 share the same shell as the ultras and it was just the face plate that is larger. Yet The video linked above clearly shows the shell to be larger.

Could anyone do a comparison photo of both shells and/or describe how they perceive the size in comparison and the fit? 580 EUR is a lot of money and I'd love some clarification before buying.

Thank you very much in advance!

Jun 15, 2023 at 3:06 AM Post #2 of 10
The fit is not different - it is the same size as the Ultra. The larger faceplate simply gives the impression that it is larger.

Jun 15, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 10
The fit is not different - it is the same size as the Ultra. The larger faceplate simply gives the impression that it is larger.
Interesting, thank you for your reply. It just seems visually larger (the actual shell), when the guy from Audio-in Reviews holds them next to each other.
Well, I ordered one based on all the raging reviews :D. Looking forward to trying it and hoping, that the fit is just as perfect as the Ultras I‘ve tried.

Jul 18, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 10
@Sebastien Chiu I have received my Mk2 and enjoy them greatly. BUT: The shell size is most definitely NOT the same size as for the Ultras as you have claimed on multiple occasions. The shell is noticeably larger (not just the faceplate giving this impression). I feel like your statements have been quite misleading regarding this, which is disappointing to be honest.

Thankfully, the Mk2 fit me just as well as the Ultras I was able to test from a friend that was lucky enough to get a pair. If the (again, noticeably) larger shell size had meant that they don't fit me, I would have been very upset, to be honest. I don't quite understand why you keep insisting that they are the same size as the Ultras...

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 10
@Sebastien Chiu I have received my Mk2 and enjoy them greatly. BUT: The shell size is most definitely NOT the same size as for the Ultras as you have claimed on multiple occasions. The shell is noticeably larger (not just the faceplate giving this impression). I feel like your statements have been quite misleading regarding this, which is disappointing to be honest.

Thankfully, the Mk2 fit me just as well as the Ultras I was able to extensively test and use from a friend that was lucky enough to get a pair. If the (again, noticeably) larger shell size had meant that they don't fit me, I would have been very upset, to be honest. I don't quite understand why you keep insisting that they are the same size as the Ultras...
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback - I have been communicating with information I received from DUNU.

I'll check in with them to see more about this.

Thanks - glad they fit you!

Jul 20, 2023 at 3:05 PM Post #6 of 10
Hello, I was fortunate enough to try a friends Dunu SA6 Ultras a little while ago. What blew me away was not only the tuning and sound quality, but equally the ergonomic fit to my ears. Now I am tempted to pull the trigger on the SA6 mk2. But since they seem to have a larger shell (see Audio-In Reviews video), I am worried that they may not fit me that well.

In the first show and tell on this forum, Dunu explicitly said the mk2 share the same shell as the ultras and it was just the face plate that is larger. Yet The video linked above clearly shows the shell to be larger.

Could anyone do a comparison photo of both shells and/or describe how they perceive the size in comparison and the fit? 580 EUR is a lot of money and I'd love some clarification before buying.

Thank you very much in advance!
Fit is completely different. Ultra is same size as OG and MK2 is much larger.

Aug 1, 2023 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 10
@Sebastien Chiu To end this, please see images below. SA6 Mk1 (left) vs. Mk2 (right). The difference in size and fit is very significant.

SA6_vs_Mk2_Face.jpg
SA6_vs_Mk2_Side.jpg
SA6_vs_Mk2_Top.jpg

Aug 1, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #10 of 10
@Sebastien Chiu To end this, please see images below. SA6 Mk1 (left) vs. Mk2 (right). The difference in size and fit is very significant.

SA6_vs_Mk2_Face.jpgSA6_vs_Mk2_Side.jpgSA6_vs_Mk2_Top.jpg

Thanks for sharing this. I have communicated this back to DUNU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back