Dunu DN-900 - Dunu's Dual Hybrid IEM - Appreciation Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #61 of 86
The different is rather large, but of course the IEM is a better upgrade. 

DN-1000 + Clip is better than DN-900 + DX50. 

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #63 of 86
What is the use of an expensive DAP, for example, Fiio X5? How great it is compared to a cheap music player like an iPod, or an android smartphone?

From my experience quite a bit better if the IEM is capable of scaling up well, the most improvement will usually always come from the IEM/Headphone over a source.

If you're willing to spend money on X5 (which is not released yet) (or X3) then you should be focusing that money on another IEM like DN-1000 instead. It's very much Like Lin said above, if you're willing to buy X3, DX50, you're better of forgetting about DN-900 and go for DN-1000 instead and running them from a Clip or the Colorfly C3.

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #65 of 86
How about from iPod Shuffle 5th gen to Sandisk Sansa Clip+, is it a significant upgrade?
I haven't heard a shuffle, but I have a nano 3rd gen I feel it is cleaner, colder and has better separation.

I actually like the ipod better than the Sansa.

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #66 of 86
I haven't heard a shuffle, but I have a nano 3rd gen I feel it is cleaner, colder and has better separation.

I actually like the ipod better than the Sansa.

Agree. The lastest generation of itouch and nano does churn out pretty decent SQ. I find that it's more focused on Mids, particularly vocals. Bass tends to be flatter and doesn't extend very deep into sub bass region. This is done with flat EQ settings. But I do find the X3 betters the iPods. X3 price pins it no doubt one of the best DAP both in terms of SQ and price.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #69 of 86

Great review Mark, I guess no one likes the yellow case except for me 
wink_face.gif
, I absolutely loved it...

Jan 23, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #74 of 86
Depends how you work out. I run white a lot with cheaper IEMs and surprisingly they are still here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back