DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Sep 10, 2015 at 4:21 AM Post #1,021 of 2,123
Yes, the amp is a tad warm and I don't notice as much sibilance as I hear when plugging the DN2000Js into the Burson Conductor.

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,022 of 2,123
  Does the amp affect sibilance? Just got a pair of DN 2000J and it's been a blast listening to. Only problem is that sibilance. I mean Frank Sinatra's ssssss rip through my eardrums.

@james444 devised a simple mod that controls the sibilance to an extent. A few people have tried it with positive results. Maybe it is worth a shot....if you haven't tried it already
smile.gif

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #1,023 of 2,123

@james444 devised a simple mod that controls the sibilance to an extent. A few people have tried it with positive results. Maybe it is worth a shot....if you haven't tried it already
smile.gif

Yea I tried it. It brought it down a bit but it's still pretty strong to me. But I'd still take the sibilance anyways just to listen to these little gems.

Thanks

Sep 10, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #1,024 of 2,123

Does the amp affect sibilance? Just got a pair of DN 2000J and it's been a blast listening to. Only problem is that sibilance. I mean Frank Sinatra's ssssss rip through my eardrums.

USe EQ, and experiment with dropping the bands down a bit from 6-9kHz.  The 2000J's secondary peak is around the 6kHz mark, so shaving a couple of dB off might be all you need to do.

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #1,026 of 2,123

USe EQ, and experiment with dropping the bands down a bit from 6-9kHz.  The 2000J's secondary peak is around the 6kHz mark, so shaving a couple of dB off might be all you need to do.

Will do thanks. That might solve my problems.

Give them a chance to break in, like 100 hours. 

I've had them for a few weeks listen in periods of around 6hrs per day. The sibilance has gone down from what I remember. Can't really A/B them but I think it's gone down.

Anyways thanks for the suggestions/help.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,028 of 2,123
I am expecting delivery,today,at any minute.,of the 2000J.
I will be using a Schiit magni 2 amp ,with a  Parasound 1500 vintage dac ,{part of my Stax headphone,desktop setup}

After unwrapping,I'd like to try using the 2KJ's,as they come,straight out of the box,no filters,no rings-nothing.....yet?
My question is:-which eartips is first recommended ?

On my other earphones,I normally use a medium size silicone tip.and in most cases it seems to work fine..I also have the Titan-1's.,which IMHO,are outstanding.,one of the best ,I've ever heard,of all my headgear,with the exception of my Stax 009's????
If I had to choose ,which sound quality,I prefer,I'd have to say.neutral on a slightly warm nature,with decent,good quality bass.
I strongly dislike,bright sound quality....I am strongly-anti-grado.

My music preferences are...sound tracks,70-80 rock,some jazz,female vocals,opera sometimes,love acoustic guitar.

Any suggestions/input,would be greatly appreciated,
Mike

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,029 of 2,123
Mike - if you liked the Titans, these "should" be OK, but they are brightish earphones. I'd use foam tips - for comfort, seal, and it should slightly ameliorate the top end. Let us know what you think. I love mine.

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #1,030 of 2,123
Mike - if you liked the Titans, these "should" be OK, but they are brightish earphones. I'd use foam tips - for comfort, seal, and it should slightly ameliorate the top end. Let us know what you think. I love mine.​

Thank You, Sir..

I'll post back in a few days, with some gut,.... impressions

Mike

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #1,031 of 2,123
No problems Mike.  The 2KJ comes with 3 pairs of genuine Comply 500 series foam tips - those would be my starting points.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #1,032 of 2,123
Which tips provide the most potent bass on these guys- the silicon with a good fit, or the Comply?

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #1,033 of 2,123
flip,

Just got my 2KJ's hooked up and I'm listening to them now.

I have yet to do, any tip rolling,,...,so, I'm using the tips that came installed on the earphones, right out of the box, and I must say, they fit perfectly

I do have the comply 500's lined up ,next to me, and will most definitely follow Dr. Brooko's advice..,he is the 800pld.,Gorilla ,when it comes to Dunu

I am more than impressed with the SQ,in fact I am blown out of the water,  this is only after 45 minutes.........,bass..excellent..,,,separation ,..,perfectly,clarity,wonderful soundstage

No treble issues, no brightness ,,bass is perfect.,probably the finest SQ I've heard from any IEM...,or,headphone.

Give me a week or two, and let my brain settle,. Will try to do some sort of comparison between the Titan's & these..

Anybody want to buy a pair of Stax 009's?,....not sure I need them anymore?

A great earphone,and Dr. Brooko,your review was right on the money...nice job,& THANKS

Mike

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #1,034 of 2,123
  flip,
Just got my 2KJ's hooked up and I'm listening to them now.
I have yet to do, any tip rolling,,...,so, I'm using the tips that came installed on the earphones, right out of the box, and I must say, they fit perfectly
I do have the comply 500's lined up ,next to me, and will most definitely follow Dr. Brooko's advice..,he is the 800pld.,Gorilla ,when it comes to Dunu

I am more than impressed with the SQ,in fact I am blown out of the water,  this is only after 45 minutes,bass..excellent..,,,separation ,..,perfectly,clarity,wonderful soundstage
No treble issues, no brightness ,,bass is perfect.,probably the finest SQ I've heard from any IEM...,or,headphone.

Give me a week or two, and let my brain settle,. Will try to do some sort of comparison between the Titan's & these..

Anybody want to buy a pair of Stax 009's?,....not sure I need them anymore?

A great earphone,and Dr. Brooko,your review was right on the money...nice job,& THANKS

Mike

And BAM! DUNU will announce 3 more IEMs with upto 5 drivers..
basshead.gif

4Drivers DN-2002

Already awarded the Hi-Res AUDIO certification, DN-2002 utilizes the dual dynamic + dual balance armature configuration. Soundstage is natural, specious and three dimensional. Bass range is enhanced and deepened by the ‘Double Bass’ dual dynamic drivers. Mid-range is full and energetic. Treble is crisp, detailed and well extended. All frequencies work in perfect sync and will go particularly well with Pop music as well as classical orchestra.

4Drivers DK-3001

Already awarded the Hi-Res AUDIO certification, DK-3001 utilizes the single dynamic + triple balance armature configuration. Bass range is driven by a 13mm dynamic driver with titanium diaphragm that provides not only ample amount of bass, but also excellent transient and texture. Mid- to high-range are driven by top of the time Knowles balanced armature drivers that provide full and sweet vocal as well as great treble extension with crisp micro-detail. The four drivers are custom designed for smooth and balanced frequency response, which will go well with Pop music, ACG music as well as classical orchestra.

4Drivers DK-4001

DK-4001 utilizes the single dynamic + quad BA five drivers’ configuration. Bass range is handled by a 13mm dynamic driver with titanium diaphragm for its impressive power and roar, but without compromising its excellent transient. Mid- and high-range are handled by four top-of-the-line Knowles balanced armature drivers. Vocal is sweet and soulful, treble is detailed and crisp without being overly bright. The combined frequency response is smooth with an impressive soundstage and a theater-like presentation.

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #1,035 of 2,123
Jesus,

Not quite sure if sound can get  much better,​,--LOL

My 009's price was just lowered..???...anybody?

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back