DUNU DN-2000 Review
Aug 26, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #16 of 19
  which would i pick??? well i would probably pick the 600. my preferred flavour is warm, midy with a slightly elevated bass and slightly toned down treble. so i would take the 600, with the 262 as my number 2 pick because that signature i like best is portrayed by them.

however................you are not me. i know you love the 272 and while the 272 is truly an incredible IEM it would be my last choice of the 5 in question here. yes its treble is astonishing but i dont care, there is too much of it for me and it just could not be my only IEM.

so of all 5 (not heard the eq-5 but i did the eq-7) the best "generalist” of them all is easily the 2000.  The others simply just are not generalists period.  The 2000 will pretty much please everyone and pretty much do great with every musical style and pretty much sound great out of any old source.  i mean the 2000 sounded great out of my phone, the 600 kinda wants a cool and powerful amp.  likewise the 262 and 272 also really want to be amped.

sorry that not a clean and simple "pick this one" but at the level these sit best for you and your source really are the key factors rather that one being "better" than another.

thanx for the thorough remark , i think that you have helped me

i also have a neutral amp (Arrow 4G) so i think the 600 would be fine with me

I demoed it some time ago and i liked it, it seemed like an improved RE-262

cheers

Aug 27, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #17 of 19
oh yeah the 600 is one of the best IEM's out there, but its not like the 272 and 262 were a heap of suck.

i know i say its all the time but at the level the hifiman stuff and the DN-2000 sit at its really all about the sound signature and which one you want.  its why i think it a pretty good idea to have a few good ones, i mean you may love salmon and at the same time love steak.  neither is really "better" than the other, they are just different and sometimes you fancy haveing one, sometimes you want beef and every now and again you want chicken.

Sep 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #18 of 19
oh yeah the 600 is one of the best IEM's out there, but its not like the 272 and 262 were a heap of suck.

i know i say its all the time but at the level the hifiman stuff and the DN-2000 sit at its really all about the sound signature and which one you want.  its why i think it a pretty good idea to have a few good ones, i mean you may love salmon and at the same time love steak.  neither is really "better" than the other, they are just different and sometimes you fancy haveing one, sometimes you want beef and every now and again you want chicken.
A couple pairs of budget bang for your buck iems are cool too.

I like to eat ramen noodles from time to time. It's a good meal when you're on the go... :grin:

Sep 13, 2014 at 4:29 AM Post #19 of 19
well.....i certainly wont be arguing to anyone that they shouldnt have a handfull of cheap ones too.  things like the GR06, PL-50 oh and god there are whole heap of cheaper things that you can have a really fun time with. 

oh and ditto on the noodles, i miss them greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back