Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 3, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #301 of 1,320

The problem with H-300 is although a wonderful IEM it's not 100% stable.

Apart from having a signature that might not appeal to everyone (lean/bright/cold) the treble can be edgy depending on sources and genres used, there's no denying H-300 also has its upsides, I bought a pair almost immediately on hearing them, however I also bought RDB Mini which again might not be for the everyday consumer signature wise. I think what Canikickit1 is trying to say is he finds DN-2000 more consumer friendly or finely polished as a complete package. 

H-300 bass quality is still some of the best I've heard from any price range and clarity is quite insane though behind the sparkles there's some flaws. I still like my H-300 a lot, I use it paired with Studio V 3rd Anv, it's overly coherent for hearing backup singers and background samples easy though again, I must control the volume levels. Firstly, to stop H-300 from leaning out too much or two, making the treble too hot. After having H-300 for about 2--3 months now the main problem with the T-Peos is treble comes forward before everything else and this remains consistent throughout the volume range. But if you learn how to use H-300 Its a strong contender if the signature suits.

All I know is lJoker gave the Noble4 a 9.9/10 rating, and although I have the Noble4 universal I find myself going back to the H-300 to the point that all my other iems are collecting dust. Great bass, great separation, great clarity, AWESOME price. The Noble4 is going to be my last iem purchase for a while. Can't wait to hear the H-300 with the DX90.

May 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #302 of 1,320

All I know is lJoker gave the Noble4 a 9.9/10 rating, and although I have the Noble4 universal I find myself going back to the H-300 to the point that all my other iems are collecting dust. Great bass, great separation, great clarity, AWESOME price. The Noble4 is going to be my last iem purchase for a while. Can't wait to hear the H-300 with the DX90.

Don't get me wrong, I also love H-300, though one must see the flaws and on another degree depending on source they may or may not bother anyone at all. I was just talking about coherency in a PM, the ability to hear backup singers clearly through a chorus or busy passage. When I lay down late at night setting the volume to a suitable level H-300 does this for me in flying colours, I can clearly hear what  backup singers are saying or even with some tracks I know well hearing samples I never knew were there or other IEM become confused with, more so than my ER4S, and H-300 have this intense clarity that makes your ears melt with happiness, airy high octane clairty,. especially with pop songs etc. However, for you and me H-300 sits well - we have learnt the signature and know how to handle it.

You keep enjoying H-300 and so will I. 
smile.gif

May 3, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #303 of 1,320

Don't get me wrong, I also love H-300, though one must see the flaws and on another degree depending on source they may or may not bother anyone at all. I was just talking about coherency in a PM, the ability to hear backup singers clearly through a chorus or busy passage. When I lay down late at night setting the volume to a suitable level H-300 does this for me in flying colours, I can clearly hear what  backup singers are saying or even with some tracks I know well hearing samples I never knew were there or other IEM just become confused with, more so than my ER4S, and H-300 have this intense clarity that makes your ears melt with happiness, airy high octane clairty,. especially with pop songs etc. However, for you and me H-300 sits well - we have learnt the signature and know how to handle it.

You keep enjoying H-300 and so will I. 
smile.gif

Agreed.

May 3, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #304 of 1,320
The problem with H-300 is although a wonderful IEM it's not 100% stable.

Apart from having a signature that might not appeal to everyone (lean/bright/cold) the treble can be edgy depending on sources and genres used, there's no denying H-300 also has its upsides, I bought a pair almost immediately on hearing them, however I also bought RDB Mini which again might not be for the everyday consumer signature wise. I think what Canikickit1 is trying to say is he finds DN-2000 more consumer friendly or finely polished as a complete package. 

H-300 bass quality is still some of the best I've heard from any price range and clarity is quite insane though behind the sparkles there's some flaws. I still like my H-300 a lot, I use it paired with Studio V 3rd Anv, it's overly coherent for hearing backup singers and background samples easy though again, I must control the volume levels. Firstly, to stop H-300 from leaning out too much or two, making the treble too hot. After having H-300 for about 2--3 months now the main problem with the T-Peos is treble comes forward before everything else and this remains consistent throughout the volume range. But if you learn how to use H-300 Its a strong contender if the signature suits.

Agree wholeheartedly! :) The H300 is a very special IEM in this regard! Hope it will be a good pairing with DX50 and Tralucent T1 haha.

May 3, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #305 of 1,320
Eq is needed for bad products :grin:

Well imho, EQ is a preference to suit the phone's potential and mostly one's ears listening preference & track/genre specific.......And I do prefer FLAT the most for unaltered and lounge,bass boost(classic gen 5-30gb,gen 6-120gb,iphone-3g) for specific IEMs/HPs. Sad that, fruit co. never encourage customer demands,like custom eq,expandable memory.:mad:
And PEQ on my SGP 5" make my phones sound totally different than eq'ing..

May 3, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #308 of 1,320
How are they pin

Transparent is the word that comes to mind for me. Slightly V-shaped, but clear all the way through. You hear everything. Harmonized vocals are glorious as you can hear separate voices. Texture on vocals are epic in general. Sound changes quite a bit with tips used and I remember the demo set being a little different so maybe burn-in will have an effect on them. Depending on tips treble might be a little too much. "Tss" sounds in vocals come through a little harsh with a tight seal gel tip. Comply tips tamed the treble for me but sacrifice a bit of clarity. Sub-bass is big, with mid and upper bass tuned lower so you don't get the bounciness of other bass-heavy dynamics. Most impressive thing is I'm really enjoying all kinds of music on these without touching the EQ.

Fit pack is ridiculously huge. Fins actually work though they don't seem too practical (they can fall off when removing if not careful). Engrish on the packaging is funny :)  FYI DUNU stands for "Delicate. Unique. Utmost." The Chinese name of DUNU is 达音科, which roughly translates to "Prominent Sound Science" or "Towards Sound Science" not sure which. I paid about $280 for these (saved $3 by refusing the Teddy Bear accessory???) and so far worth every penny.

Everything from case to housing are solid and feel quality to the touch.

All in all I'm loving them. Very very early impressions though. I will write more when I get to the 10+ hour mark.

May 3, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #310 of 1,320
Epic vocals :sunglasses:...yes at that ...im impressed now and can't wait to have them in my possession.:grin:..and the extra treble will be a treat for me ..the tss sound is what I like...treble splash :heart_eyes:

Yup. Some people don't like the sound of a pick hitting a guitar string but I love it. The negative thing is so far it's been impossible to read more than like 20 words a minute with these on haha.

Also, for those of you who already have the dn2k you gotta listen to this and get your mind blown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA 

The audio shop owners in China all cite the soundstage of dn2k to be its most distinctive feature. To me so far it's more separation than size of soundstage, as the width/height doesn't come close to some over-ear cans I've heard.

May 6, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #314 of 1,320
Yup. Some people don't like the sound of a pick hitting a guitar string but I love it. The negative thing is so far it's been impossible to read more than like 20 words a minute with these on haha.

Also, for those of you who already have the dn2k you gotta listen to this and get your mind blown: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA 

The audio shop owners in China all cite the soundstage of dn2k to be its most distinctive feature. To me so far it's more separation than size of soundstage, as the width/height doesn't come close to some over-ear cans I've heard.

Not really a guitar pick, but fingers sliding down the strings make me feel extremely uncomfortable.

May 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM Post #315 of 1,320
Not really a guitar pick, but fingers sliding down the strings make me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Lol. That reminds me of a description listed on Ultimate Ears web some time back. They were advertising that with their IEM (I forgot which model) that you can hear the singer breath not just the vocals, the shredding of the guitars and not just the sound itself..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back