Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
May 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #286 of 1,320

Particularly, I'm having trouble reconciling statements like this (sorry - not trying to single you out!) with what seems to be the general consensus from people who've heard the H-300 that from memory, the DN2K is the better IEM.

I pre-ordered the H300s and heard it and to my tastes, the DN2K is the better IEM. I still stand firm that "the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension". The H300 clarity is pretty insane to my ears, which help in the detail retrieval and treble extension. The bass also matches the hype it's getting and its wonderful.

With that, I still sold the H300s, and consolidated the DN2K as my sole IEM, and definitely don't regret it.

May 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #287 of 1,320

I pre-ordered the H300s and heard it and to my tastes, the DN2K is the better IEM. I still stand firm that "the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension". The H300 clarity is pretty insane to my ears, which help in the detail retrieval and treble extension. The bass also matches the hype it's getting and its wonderful.

With that, I still sold the H300s, and consolidated the DN2K as my sole IEM, and definitely don't regret it.

Hey, that's totally fair and I respect your opinion.  I'm not trying to question what you heard at all or your preferences.

I was trying to say I would like some more A/B impressions and not impressions from memory.  Thanks for the response.

May 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #288 of 1,320
Hey, that's totally fair and I respect your opinion.  I'm not trying to question what you heard at all or your preferences.

I was trying to say I would like some more A/B impressions and not impressions from memory.  Thanks for the response.

No, no, you said that wrong it goes like: That's totally fair and I respect your opinion, but you're wrong and I hate you

May 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #291 of 1,320
Does anyone have both the H-300 and DN2K to do a proper A/B?  I think @svyr
 does.  Would you mind doing a more extensive A/B comparison?  Or are the differences so apparent that people's impressions from memory are generally accurate.  I'm just wondering if it's worth it to purchase a DN2K if you already own an H-300 and vice versa.

I do, and probably will have a more detailed write up. Pretty sure so does H20Fidelity(H300) and will be getting DN2000 on tour soon

May 3, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #294 of 1,320
Djvkool please more impression :smiley:

Ask me whatever you want to know? Most of the answer will be in my full review which I am hoping to finish by Wednesday

I do, and probably will have a more detailed write up. Pretty sure so does @H20Fidelity(H300) and will be getting DN2000 on tour soon

Yeah am doing extensive comparison between the two as well - but basically I do prefer DN2k over H-300 to be honest, H-300 is awesome but the peaks and super bright treble could be liabilities, whereas DN2k is just one of those thing that is incredibly nice to listen to, even over a long session

May 3, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #295 of 1,320

what were the terms in which DN2K won over H300?

May 3, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #296 of 1,320
  what were the terms in which DN2K won over H300?

The problem with H-300 is although a wonderful IEM it's not 100% stable.

Apart from having a signature that might not appeal to everyone (lean/bright/cold) the treble can be edgy depending on sources and genres used, there's no denying H-300 also has its upsides, I bought a pair almost immediately on hearing them, however I also bought RDB Mini which again might not be for the everyday consumer signature wise. I think what Canikickit1 is trying to say is he finds DN-2000 more consumer friendly or finely polished as a complete package. 

H-300 bass quality is still some of the best I've heard from any price range and clarity is quite insane though behind the sparkles there's some flaws. I still like my H-300 a lot, I use it paired with Studio V 3rd Anv, it's overly coherent for hearing backup singers and background samples easy though again, I must control the volume levels. Firstly, to stop H-300 from leaning out too much or two, making the treble too hot. After having H-300 for about 2--3 months now the main problem with the T-Peos is treble comes forward before everything else and this remains consistent throughout the volume range. But if you learn how to use H-300 Its a strong contender if the signature suits.

May 3, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #298 of 1,320
Just picked up a pair here in Beijing after a quick demo. Unboxing it at a cafe right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Pictures or it didn't happen. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back