DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015 the 22nd Beijing International Hi-Fi Exhibition
Jan 26, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #196 of 692
Hopefully 2002 is cheaper. With so many cheaper offerings (lz a2, puro 500, flc8s, trinity items, aurisonics), I can't come to pay $500 for items. I can stretch 300~500 but it would have to be special, which 2002 may be.

I second this, the puros are especially good. $60 with a 3 year warranty too good, and the sound is the perfect balance between clarity and fun-ness. I can't see anymore how a $500 IEM can compete, but I guess time will tell.

I dislike BAs too, I don't see the point of music not being musical, and I firmly believe that well mastered dynamic drivers (example: puros) contain a certain musical quality that even the biggest behemoth of a BA stack (8, 10, 14 per ear, whatever the number may be) can't touch. Dynamics are masters of dynamics...unless someone can prove me wrong and make me spend $1k on headphones I didn't know I needed that have BAs that sound like unicorn tears

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #197 of 692

I second this, the puros are especially good. $60 with a 3 year warranty too good, and the sound is the perfect balance between clarity and fun-ness. I can't see anymore how a $500 IEM can compete, but I guess time will tell.

I dislike BAs too, I don't see the point of music not being musical, and I firmly believe that well mastered dynamic drivers (example: puros) contain a certain musical quality that even the biggest behemoth of a BA stack (8, 10, 14 per ear, whatever the number may be) can't touch. Dynamics are masters of dynamics...unless someone can prove me wrong and make me spend $1k on headphones I didn't know I needed that have BAs that sound like unicorn tears

Funny and well said 
biggrin.gif

Good quality dynamic drivers definitely deliver something unique that IEM shops still have varying results trying to match with balanced armatures.

But don't discount BAs too much. I mean, the DN2K itself is a great example of getting the best out of both driver types, right?

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #203 of 692
DUNU new twitter @DUNU_Headphone

Vivian will be there 
regular_smile .gif

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Feb 5, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #205 of 692
Awesome! Can't wait for the DK-4001 to come out. 

Feb 6, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #206 of 692
The new series will be at Canjam Singapore. Good!

Feb 19, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #207 of 692
mmcx
frown.gif

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #208 of 692
I'm hoping to hear some impressions for the DN-2002. Well, all o them really but I'm facing the reality that I'll only be able to afford the 2002's..that and that they have 2 dynamic drivers; I'm hoping they have some great sub bass!

Feb 21, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #209 of 692
I'm hoping to hear some impressions for the DN-2002. Well, all o them really but I'm facing the reality that I'll only be able to afford the 2002's..that and that they have 2 dynamic drivers; I'm hoping they have some great sub bass!

I'm reposting this from the CanJam Singapore impressions thread.

Like you I had a vested interest in what Dunu had to offer. I had a little time (~10 minutes each) with them in the LMUE booth. Source was AK100ii (known to be neutral, transparent, slightly bass-light). Teo reminded me that they are prototypes and not the finished product. So just take these preliminary impressions as just that.

DN2002: The most accomplished of the bunch. Slight W-shaped sig with bass emphasis, treble detail and a bit vocal forward. The dynamic bass was lovely. Good slam and natural decay, very little or no bleed into the mids. Treble detail is very good and smooth. Narrow stage. The most coherent of the Dunus I auditioned.

DN3001: Treble-heavy, and on the brighter side of things. Bass is very fast with a much lighter punch than 2002, I thought the sound wasn't very balanced and sometimes the treble can be peaky and piercing. Maybe great for detail-heads but I couldn't wait to change to another IEM.

DN4001: It has the airiest sound, and widest and deepest stage of the three. The bass reminded me of the 2002 bass. Natural, bloomy, great authority and just the right amount of decay. The 4BAs, work in tandem to produce a sweet, detailed sound, without the harshness of the 3001. But here's the thing. I felt that the DD and BAs were each doing their own thing. Not very coherent. But Teo did mention this is still some time away from being the final release product, so I hope to see this improved. Much potential to be a contender though.

Hope this helps in the slightest. The 2002 was apparently the meet favorite with many people liking it.

EDIT: For comparison's sake, they do not reach the standard of FLC8 yet.

EDIT 2: Teo from LMUE: SUPER nice guy. My first line to him was, "hi! I buy your stuff!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back