DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015 the 22nd Beijing International Hi-Fi Exhibition
Apr 15, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #316 of 692
The freshly baked review on E-earphone (Japan) is out now, I do a simple translation for your reference, well, I'm not good at it, but at least better than Google does 
regular_smile .gif

The most famous Japanese headphone store e-earphone plan to first release DUNU 4 driver hybrid IEM DN-2002 on 25 April!

Here is the main point of the reviews:

规格 
このイヤホン、DN-2002は2つのダイナミックドライバーと2つのバランスドアーマチュアドライバーで構成されたハイブリッド型のイヤホンです。通常皆さんがよく目にする、プレイヤーの付属品イヤホンは、ダイナミック型が1つ搭載されているものが多いと思います。

Specifications:
The most catch eyes point of DN-2002 is it’s composed by 2 Dynamic driver and 2 Balanced Armature, normal hybrid used only 1 dynamic, so DN-2002 with 2 dynamic is quite anticipated.

本体に近い側、円盤のような金属パーツが2枚見えますね?これがダイナミックドライバです。その次に四角い箱のような小さなパーツが2つ並んでいます。これがバランスドアーマチュアドライバーです。イメージとしてはスピーカーに低音を担当するウーハー、高音を担当するツイーターが搭載されているような感じです。
抵抗値、インピーダンスは低めの10Ω、iPhoneやスマートホンのような出力の大きくないプレイヤーでも十分に音量がとれる設計になっています。

According to the diagram of internal structure, we can clearly see the layout of Dynamic and BA drivers, basically DD in charge mid-low and BA take care of the high frequency.
10Ω impedance makes its sound volume good enough to played by iPhone or other smart-phones.

重要的配戴舒适感 
最近人気のいイヤーピース、スピンフィットが付属しています!これはうれしい。安定した人気のある低反発素材のイヤーピース、コンプライも付属し ていました。至れり付くせりのアクセサリです。スピンフィットはくねくねと頭が動くイヤーピースで、より深い装着が可能になります。ちょっと癖があります ので、良い音がちょうど鳴るポイントを見つけて装着してみてください。気に入らなければ通常のシリコンイヤピースも付属しております。個人的にはより高いフィット感を得るためにスピンフィットに挑戦して頂きたいですね!

Comfortable wearing experience

DN-2002 even configured with the recent popular SpinFit tips, and not only that, there are also a pair of recently win big favor-ability’s Comply TX500 attached!
SpinFit tips has a cushion design to enable the ear bud to rotate 360째 in order to be inserted deeper in the ear canal smoothly and flexible to fit different sizes and shapes of the ear canal without the discomfort of the traditional ear bud, besides, it also provides different kind of basic tips for user to choose.

耳掛け装着(シュア掛け)も可能です。やや本体が出っ張った形ですので、個人的には安定感を持たせるために耳掛け装着をオススメします。

DN-2002 can either wear in normal way or wear it backwards with ear hooks, because of the special housing design, to wear it backwards gives more stability and security.

音质特征 
˙試聴曲:UA×菊地成孔 cure jazz 【Over the rainbow】 【Honeys and scorpions】
ダイナミックらしい音の厚みを感じます。体で感じるような空気の押し出し方です。ライブ感があってグッ!と来ますね。残響音に独特の響きがあり、音楽の世界観に没頭出来るサウンドだと思います。空間系の音の処理、自然なリバーブをじっくり味わえました。しっとりとした中高音でボーカルも気持ちがいい。低音と中高音の分離感がいいですね。低音がゴリゴリに主張してくるのではなく、音の住み分けが出来ていると思います。声、ウッドベース、ピアノ、サクソフォン、それぞれのよさを生々しく感じられますね。

Sound Characteristics:
Play with iPhone 6:
*Music used: UA×菊地成孔 cure jazz 【Over the rainbow】 【Honeys and scorpions】

Feel significantly the full sound of typical dynamic driver and high resolution highlights the “live”feeling of the music recording!

Unique overtone performance, it’s kind of immerse in the music world feeling, the sense of space sound signature, the vocal present a nature atmosphere, the solid and stable mid-high range fully express the vocal character, the texture of bass, mid and high range doing pretty well, you can feel every detailed of vocal, bass, piano, saxophone are being reflected in the music.

˙試聴曲:Jusqu’à Grand-Père dansez 【黒い瞳】
生の楽器を聴きたい、という人にはオススメだなと強く感じます。D2基+BA2基の強みでしょうか?人間の感覚的に聞こえやすい部分のサウンドがとても濃密です。フレンドリーなサウンドチューニング。ギターとバイオリンのデュオの音源でもその強みは存分に発揮されています。一弦一弦にリアリティを感じたいお客様にも是非聴いていただきたい。ホロウボディの低音が気持ちよく響いているからこそ、フレーズが生きてくるのでしょうね。

*Music used: Jusqu’à Grand-Père dansez 【黒い瞳】
Highly recommend to who loves instrument song, may be because of the high resolution of 2 DD + 2BA, the IEM not only present texture and expressive sound on those normal people can easily feel part, but also give full play to Guitar and violin expression, especially the effect of hollow bass, improve the overall performance.

˙試聴曲:Body I Shall Die Here 【Hail To Thee, Everlasting Pain】
超極端な低音音楽にも粘り強く対応してくれる。低音主体の音楽となると、どうしても苦手な分野が露呈してしまうものなんですが、DN-2002はなかなかに優秀。えぐいコアな音源から、清楚な音源まで対応できます。途中、ちょっとだけマックス・リヒターを聴いてみました。オーケストラ編成のような、低音の深い壮大な楽曲との相性がいいと思いました。気分いいです!

*Music used: Body I Shall Die Here 【Hail To Thee, Everlasting Pain】

As an outstanding IEM, DN-2002 can easily handle the extreme true bass sound, we do a little test to it with Max Richter, it just like composition of a real orchestra, especially for the accurate weighty and volume of bass.

(the original links: http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=40426)

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Apr 15, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #317 of 692
[COLOR=000080]The freshly baked review on E-earphone (Japan) is out now, I do a simple translation for your reference, well, I'm not good at it, but at least better than Google does 
regular_smile%20.gif
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]The most famous Japanese headphone store e-earphone plan to first release DUNU 4 driver hybrid IEM DN-2002 on 25 April![/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]Here is the main point of the reviews:[/COLOR]

规格 
このイヤホン、DN-2002は2つのダイナミックドライバーと2つのバランスドアーマチュアドライバーで構成されたハイブリッド型のイヤホンです。通常皆さんがよく目にする、プレイヤーの付属品イヤホンは、ダイナミック型が1つ搭載されているものが多いと思います。

[COLOR=000080]Specifications:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]The most catch eyes point of DN-2002 is it’s composed by 2 Dynamic driver and 2 Balanced Armature, normal hybrid used only 1 dynamic, so DN-2002 with 2 dynamic is quite anticipated.[/COLOR]

本体に近い側、円盤のような金属パーツが2枚見えますね?これがダイナミックドライバです。その次に四角い箱のような小さなパーツが2つ並んでいます。これがバランスドアーマチュアドライバーです。イメージとしてはスピーカーに低音を担当するウーハー、高音を担当するツイーターが搭載されているような感じです。
抵抗値、インピーダンスは低めの10Ω、iPhoneやスマートホンのような出力の大きくないプレイヤーでも十分に音量がとれる設計になっています。

[COLOR=000080]According to the diagram of internal structure, we can clearly see the layout of Dynamic and BA drivers, basically DD in charge mid-low and BA take care of the high frequency.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]10Ω impedance makes its sound volume good enough to played by iPhone or other smart-phones.[/COLOR]

重要的配戴舒适感 
最近人気のいイヤーピース、スピンフィットが付属しています!これはうれしい。安定した人気のある低反発素材のイヤーピース、コンプライも付属し ていました。至れり付くせりのアクセサリです。スピンフィットはくねくねと頭が動くイヤーピースで、より深い装着が可能になります。ちょっと癖があります ので、良い音がちょうど鳴るポイントを見つけて装着してみてください。気に入らなければ通常のシリコンイヤピースも付属しております。個人的にはより高いフィット感を得るためにスピンフィットに挑戦して頂きたいですね!

[COLOR=000080]Comfortable wearing experience[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]DN-2002 even configured with the recent popular SpinFit tips, and not only that, there are also a pair of recently win big favor-ability’s Comply TX500 attached![/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]SpinFit tips has a cushion design to enable the ear bud to rotate 360째 in order to be inserted deeper in the ear canal smoothly and flexible to fit different sizes and shapes of the ear canal without the discomfort of the traditional ear bud, besides, it also provides different kind of basic tips for user to choose.[/COLOR]

耳掛け装着(シュア掛け)も可能です。やや本体が出っ張った形ですので、個人的には安定感を持たせるために耳掛け装着をオススメします。

[COLOR=000080]DN-2002 can either wear in normal way or wear it backwards with ear hooks, because of the special housing design, to wear it backwards gives more stability and security.[/COLOR]

音质特征 
˙試聴曲:UA×菊地成孔 cure jazz 【Over the rainbow】 【Honeys and scorpions】
ダイナミックらしい音の厚みを感じます。体で感じるような空気の押し出し方です。ライブ感があってグッ!と来ますね。残響音に独特の響きがあり、音楽の世界観に没頭出来るサウンドだと思います。空間系の音の処理、自然なリバーブをじっくり味わえました。しっとりとした中高音でボーカルも気持ちがいい。低音と中高音の分離感がいいですね。低音がゴリゴリに主張してくるのではなく、音の住み分けが出来ていると思います。声、ウッドベース、ピアノ、サクソフォン、それぞれのよさを生々しく感じられますね。

[COLOR=000080]Sound Characteristics:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]Play with iPhone 6:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]*Music used: UA×菊地成孔 cure jazz 【Over the rainbow】 【Honeys and scorpions】[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]Feel significantly the full sound of typical dynamic driver and high resolution highlights the “live”feeling of the music recording![/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]Unique overtone performance, it’s kind of immerse in the music world feeling, the sense of space sound signature, the vocal present a nature atmosphere, the solid and stable mid-high range fully express the vocal character, the texture of bass, mid and high range doing pretty well, you can feel every detailed of vocal, bass, piano, saxophone are being reflected in the music.[/COLOR]

˙試聴曲:Jusqu’à Grand-Père dansez 【黒い瞳】
生の楽器を聴きたい、という人にはオススメだなと強く感じます。D2基+BA2基の強みでしょうか?人間の感覚的に聞こえやすい部分のサウンドがとても濃密です。フレンドリーなサウンドチューニング。ギターとバイオリンのデュオの音源でもその強みは存分に発揮されています。一弦一弦にリアリティを感じたいお客様にも是非聴いていただきたい。ホロウボディの低音が気持ちよく響いているからこそ、フレーズが生きてくるのでしょうね。

[COLOR=000080]*Music used: Jusqu’à Grand-Père dansez 【黒い瞳】[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000080]Highly recommend to who loves instrument song, may be because of the high resolution of 2 DD + 2BA, the IEM not only present texture and expressive sound on those normal people can easily feel part, but also give full play to Guitar and violin expression, especially the effect of hollow bass, improve the overall performance.[/COLOR]

˙試聴曲:Body I Shall Die Here 【Hail To Thee, Everlasting Pain】
超極端な低音音楽にも粘り強く対応してくれる。低音主体の音楽となると、どうしても苦手な分野が露呈してしまうものなんですが、DN-2002はなかなかに優秀。えぐいコアな音源から、清楚な音源まで対応できます。途中、ちょっとだけマックス・リヒターを聴いてみました。オーケストラ編成のような、低音の深い壮大な楽曲との相性がいいと思いました。気分いいです!

[COLOR=000080]*Music used: Body I Shall Die Here 【Hail To Thee, Everlasting Pain】[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080]As an outstanding IEM, DN-2002 can easily handle the extreme true bass sound, we do a little test to it with Max Richter, it just like composition of a real orchestra, especially for the accurate weighty and volume of bass.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=000080](the original links: [/COLOR][COLOR=000080]http://www.e-earphone.jp/blog/?p=40426[/COLOR][COLOR=000080])[/COLOR]

Sounds like an upgraded version of the DN2000J. So that means the price is very appropriate then. Nice.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:13 PM Post #322 of 692
@_PsiFire_

Just for you (okay, not really, mainly because of my own interest in the in-ears' sound), I took them for an initial test-run.
I'll go more in-depth tomorrow evening. I just came back home from work and am tired, it was a stressful day. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I also need to burn them in (I don't believe in long-term burn-in for headphones, but well, I still do it for the reviews) and then brain-in myself. 
wink.gif

They come with one pair of Comply Foam tips, four pairs of SpinFit tips (one pair already installed) and three pairs of white silicone tips. No other tips or tuning options like the DN-2000J offered.Cable is just like the DN-2000J's but replaceable. Bodies are larger - if the DN-2000J were already at the border, the DN-2002 will very likely be too large (well, but I can't really judge that with my large ears).

White silicone tips: sound shows clear similarities to the DN-2000J. Bass is stronger, upper bass firmer. I'd call it a sidegrade from brief listening. Male vocals probably less thin.

SpinFit tips: less treble, more bass. Probably somewhat more diffuse soundstage. Need to check that when my ears are fresh and not tired. Not sure whether I like the SpinFit sound with these (my ear canals are straight + wide and I get an excellent fit with the regular tips, so in most cases the SpinFit tips don't work as with people who have stronger bends in the ear canals). With some in-ears the SpinFit tips work "as they are advertised" (better treble extension, more upper treble, more bass), with some the bass remains identical but the upper highs are tamed and the lower treble gains presence, with some the bass increases and the upper treble gets tamed - totally depends on the used in-ears, so I have found out for me. For some the SpinFit tips work well for me. For some they don't.

So far from less than 30 minutes listening. Checking again with the white silicone tips, the treble is indeed less thin than DN-2000J's. Still "DUNU-like" with some edginess and brightness but less "at the border of tolerance" most of the times. Very likely due to the added bass and fundamentals. Overall a really good first impression.

PS: the DN-2002 is less prone to revealing hiss.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #323 of 692
Where you bought them?was gonna buy the dn2000j then cancelled the order when I saw these

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #324 of 692
@swesko

Vivian asked me whether I was interested in reviewing them. I was and am, so they were sent to me for evaluation/review purpose and arrived today. Nice in-ears. I really like the DN-2000J but find it sometimes being at the border of brightness and being too thin in the mids at times with the silicone tips (might be different with the foam tips but I am no foam tip person at all). Overall impression of the new 2k2 is, as I said, nice. With the standard DUNU-branded silicone tips, the sound keeps the 2kJ character but is fuller and less thin. Hasn't been a problem with the 2kJ most of the times but sometimes mids were just too thin. Enjoying the new sound so far. And for those who are still sensitive to treble, there are those included SpinFit tips. Notes are less aggressive/edgy and smoother with those (well, in my ears - as that is basically the opposite of the effect the SpinFit tips are advertised with; for people with different ear canal shape, it might be that the treble with the SpinFit tips is not less present - might be different among individuals). Getting them through burn-in and brain-in, then regular testing and acclimatisation and then comparing them head-to-head with the guys pictured below.
Please take it with a huge grain of salt, but I'd see the DN-2k2 more as a sidegrade to the 2kJ. I'll probably comment on bass quality tomorrow, as my ears and brain are way too tired at the moment to make a reliable judgement - and I've spent less than one hour listening which is very very little time. 
redface.gif

Coming back to your initial question, Japan release is April 25th, international release is anytime early May.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #325 of 692
Thank you for your short and precise review . Waiting for ur view on the bass.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #326 of 692
Hope the sounds are much better than my LZ-A3, one more thing that cable can be plug n play with MMXC connector :)
If slightly modify that slot.. hope to become true

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #327 of 692
  @swesko

Vivian asked me whether I was interested in reviewing them. I was and am, so they were sent to me for evaluation/review purpose and arrived today. Nice in-ears. I really like the DN-2000J but find it sometimes being at the border of brightness and being too thin in the mids at times with the silicone tips (might be different with the foam tips but I am no foam tip person at all). Overall impression of the new 2k2 is, as I said, nice. With the standard DUNU-branded silicone tips, the sound keeps the 2kJ character but is fuller and less thin. Hasn't been a problem with the 2kJ most of the times but sometimes mids were just too thin. Enjoying the new sound so far. And for those who are still sensitive to treble, there are those included SpinFit tips. Notes are less aggressive/edgy and smoother with those (well, in my ears - as that is basically the opposite of the effect the SpinFit tips are advertised with; for people with different ear canal shape, it might be that the treble with the SpinFit tips is not less present - might be different among individuals). Getting them through burn-in and brain-in, then regular testing and acclimatisation and then comparing them head-to-head with the guys pictured below.
Please take it with a huge grain of salt, but I'd see the DN-2k2 more as a sidegrade to the 2kJ. I'll probably comment on bass quality tomorrow, as my ears and brain are way too tired at the moment to make a reliable judgement - and I've spent less than one hour listening which is very very little time. 
redface.gif

Yep. To my ears as well, the SpinFit tip does cut off the treble. I bought two pairs of them and gave them away to my friends upon first try. I really don't understand the hype here. 

Apr 21, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #328 of 692
redface.gif

Sweet... you've got them already! Happy listening. They should be quite high up in the mid-fi hierarchy.

Apr 22, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #330 of 692

Yep. To my ears as well, the SpinFit tip does cut off the treble. I bought two pairs of them and gave them away to my friends upon first try. I really don't understand the hype here. 

I bet it's ear anatomy related, as the SpinFit tips are advertised differently and most people (-> SpinFit thread) also perceive them as adding treble energy and extension. I intended to do measurements with some in-ears with stock vs. SpinFit tips, but haven't had time lately (job and reviews).
With most in-ears, the SpinFit tips reduce the highs, especially in the upper range. With very few that don't fit 100% perfect in my ears however, they work as intended, adding "air". I bet it has to do with my wide and straight ear canals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back