DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #211 of 1,091
You paid $50 for a headphone stand?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yep, that is correct.  What can I say.  I like to spend money.  
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 30, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #213 of 1,091
Okay guys I noticed t hat the sound on my dt990 pro is weak on the right ear and when I listen to lows 20-60 Hz there is a weird rattle ONLY in the right ear. Just got these headphones too. Should I RMA for a replacement ? I have tried on multiple sources and amps same results.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #215 of 1,091
Yeah the driver is gone, get a new pair.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:48 PM Post #217 of 1,091
Venturing cautiously, I ordered a used pair of 990/250 Pro online (reputable dealer). Look forward to trying them out with my X3, and occasionally with a receiver.. I had a pair of ATH-AD700 I sold. Very nice cans and comfortable as long as you did not move around too much, otherwise too bulky. Even moderate use on an elliptical was too much for them.I still have IE's for travel, etc.(...yeah, time for a new avatar...)
The 990s are just over a 100 which I felt was a fair price including an ok return policy and a '9' on the condition scale. They should be broken in and it will just me adjusting to them. We shall see! Impressions to follow!
I had some concern ordering 'used' phones, but not as much had they been shoes. :)

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #218 of 1,091
Let us know what you think.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #219 of 1,091
  Venturing cautiously, I ordered a used pair of 990/250 Pro online (reputable dealer). Look forward to trying them out with my X3, and occasionally with a receiver.. I had a pair of ATH-AD700 I sold. Very nice cans and comfortable as long as you did not move around too much, otherwise too bulky. Even moderate use on an elliptical was too much for them.I still have IE's for travel, etc.(...yeah, time for a new avatar...)
The 990s are just over a 100 which I felt was a fair price including an ok return policy and a '9' on the condition scale. They should be broken in and it will just me adjusting to them. We shall see! Impressions to follow!
I had some concern ordering 'used' phones, but not as much had they been shoes. :)

The DT 990s are going to be horrible if you try using them on an elliptical, just saying.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #222 of 1,091
The Pros have slightly higher clamping force however it shouldn't be a problem and it also means they stay on the head while moving, in my experience.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #223 of 1,091
I don't expect much of a problem. The ATH-AD700s were really oversize and bulky feeling although still quite comfortable they never felt normal unless you weren't moving. Others I've tried on seem fine in that regard even if the clamping force was not ideal (too much or not quite enough).

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #224 of 1,091
The extra clamp also adds some bass which may be favourable to some people. It also tightens the soundstage, but I'm not prepared to pay £100 for less bass which I don't want and a little extra soundtsage.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #225 of 1,091
Compared with many other branded topics, there does not seem to be much here on mods for the DT 990. I expected more cable mods, while the stock
pads seem to be liked by most.
Good advice on not 'wrapping the cord'. Although guilty myself, I generally wind them very loosely around the cans so no stress but keeping
them from getting tangled elsewhere. Keeping in mind that cables are often the cause of intermittent problems in electronics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back