DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #196 of 1,091
Keeping them on a stand helps keep them clean and out of harms way usually. Also dont play them too loudly as said, and don't try to use them on the go, these are home cans. Lastly, don't put strain on the jack and the cable from it as if it breaks you can't replace it.

Dec 19, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #198 of 1,091
  why? I always do this when transporting headphones. it's bad?

As the person above you said, this puts massive strain on the cable. It can cause it to bend and fray inside and eventually stop working. Since the cable is non-replacable without sending it in, that is how these headphones will likely break. It's best to not wrap the cord around anything if you want to maximize the lifespan of the headphones.

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:15 AM Post #199 of 1,091
Hi,
Are they good for rap music?
I'll appreaciate if someone will check if they are by listening to following compositions:
tech n9ne - demons
tech n9ne - Straight Out The Gate (featuring Serj Tankian & Krizz Kaliko)
Dr.Dre- still d.r.e.
araabmuzik - araabstyles (original mix)
Sound source iBasso DX50
Regards,

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #200 of 1,091
Hi,
Are they good for rap music?
I'll appreaciate if someone will check if they are by listening to following compositions:
tech n9ne - demons
tech n9ne - Straight Out The Gate (featuring Serj Tankian & Krizz Kaliko)
Dr.Dre- still d.r.e.
araabmuzik - araabstyles (original mix)
Sound source iBasso DX50
Regards,

I'm afraid I have bad news, I really didn't enjoy listening to rap using the headphones... but I really don't enjoy listening to rap normally either. I did however listen to "Eminem - The Monster ft. Rihanna", which did sound great, and did listen to a few other hip hop tracks which too sounded good.

I would maybe even go that far as to say, that I wouldn't think rap would sound good with any of the most expensive headphones on the market, but well, if you like rap... well the DT990s probably do a fair job. The bass impact of the DT990s should do the trick, but there really doesn't seem to be much more happening in the rap sounds more than some vocals and bass? I guess someone might give you a better statement and I'll return to my narow-minded worldview and music taste.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #201 of 1,091
Okay so I have my Yamaha HTR-6130 , but I have the 250 OHM version headphones and I want them to be properly powered I have the Xonar DX so I dont need a DAC/AMP I just need a headphone AMP for around $100. Dont say this this this. Just tell me the best for the price. IDFK what the difference is between a Tube AMP or FiiO. I listen to music and play games. Please keep it simple and to the point thanks.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #203 of 1,091
The main contenders are the Magni as above ^^^^^ and the Objective 2, but that may be out of your price range, I don't know the US price.

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #206 of 1,091
Mine arrived on Friday and I've been listening to them constantly, breaking them in.  Current setup is Asus Xonar D1 --> Schiit Magni --> DT 990 Pro 250Ω.  Been going through a lot of Going Quantum podcasts and Monstercat mixes.  Been enjoying them immensely!

Dec 29, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #207 of 1,091
I've listened to some Monstercat stuff and it sounds really good on these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back