DT990/250 ohm traded for Grado sr325i? is this a downgrade?
Dec 5, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #16 of 21
They have been larger than any closed I had for sure, senn hd 25 1 and the ultrasone pro 550. I guess my satisfaction comes with using grado for rock mostly, they do reproduce heavy colored guitar riffs and voice that is very pleasing with good depth, with rock at least. Gardo gets better with amplification and sound significaly better, in my experience. Did comparation with little better then average headphone amp in Ecler mixer and even if it gets warmer, blah blah with grado and have plenty of volume it is not even comparable with lake people with sr325, but that is again me.
Lake people looks like a tool and for me it is nothing more then tool, to get the headphones going
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
By the way, the comment about Grados having soundstage is waaay off... the only ones with soundstage are the PS1k and GS1k due to them being so large. Soundstage is mostly an illusion created by distance from driver to ear anyway. There isn't some magical 3D array created by headphones in between that. But then again, thats just what I have to say about it.

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #17 of 21

Quote:

Ditto Lake People Violectric and Grado is a happy marriage indeed - just the right amount of warmth
and all the dynamics you can eat at the Grado buffet
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
You sad it man, it seams that you had a great time with your Grado sr325 I enjoy it daily :)

I have time for my K601 and DT990-600 ohm, they have their place but the 325i remains my number one! 

For what I listen to mainly ~ jazz, snooze-fest Linn and Chesky recordings, classic rock
 ~ they rule.

Dec 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM Post #21 of 21
Grados destroy this song so hard I love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back