DT880 Question
Dec 25, 2006 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Outono Noite

New Head-Fier
I just picked up the older version of the DT880s 250ohm and ive found that EVERY song I play continually has more volume in the right ear. There is nothing I can do to fix it. Is this normal? Thanks!

Dec 25, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 5
just adjust the possitioning of the cups untill you have a balanced output. I usually have my left cup sitting lower on my ears than my right cup. most peoples ears are more sensitive on one side too. so try the possitioning, and if you can't stand it then return them and ask for a refund/exchange. Also make sure it's burned in for about 200 hours before you make the final decision. Cheers

Dec 25, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #4 of 5
Yes, I would also be concerned. Usually, the left side (side where "primary" cable connects) tends to be the slightly stronger side........the right side depends on that thin wire that goes thru the headband to the other side......although we should both ask - what happens if you put them on in reverse? Is the problem the 'phones, or a physiological problem.

Dec 26, 2006 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi guys thanks for the responses. I did put them on backwards (left on the right) and noticed the same thing. I have yet to burn them in for any period of time, but I keep noticing that side R is far louder. I had a friend put them on and he said there was no such difference, however, he had it plugged into an ipod so that may be a possibility. Ill keep testing them and follow up on this thread on what I find. Perhaps I should try my Super Fis on certain songs and then compare/contrast the volume level to the DT880s in each cup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back