Dt880 03 vs DT880 @600ohm - Big sound difference...
Aug 6, 2013 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hmorneau

100+ Head-Fier
Hi folks,

I just got my old set of DT880 03 back, I just A/B tested them with my new DT880 2013 (I guess it's the 05 model) @600ohms and the sound is very different. 

It's the first time I was earing my 03 on my Auditor and I must say, wow. First thing I noticed it's the bass difference, the 03 have way more bass, I mean not slightly more, they have plenty more. On some track I feel my 03 literally shake on my ears, while the new pair you barely ear the bass. 

On the mid range I would say that the new pair win, it's more precise (maybe it's because the auditor prefer the 600ohms load vs the 250ohms of the 03). On the high range I don't see a huge difference, at least not to my ears.

So far I think the 03 will stay my best headphone so far. They are a bit more comfortable too (maybe because they are older). The cable on the 03 is more flexible and have a more "rubber" feeling, the new model it's more rigid, maybe because it's new..

Well, that's all, I guess my next buy will be the T1, waiting for an opportunity. 

Aug 7, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 4
I just did the switch between both head set, the old pads have a bit more bass on the new one, (maybe it explains the "burn-in" people talk about) since the drivers are closer to the ears, but the old one still have more bass and they sound even more precise with the new pads... They are my favorite headphone so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back