DT770 Pro's. What's next in bass???
Jun 22, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #16 of 19
thread, you may want to give the Darth beyers a try. The bass will sound different than the D5000 when they are stock. Though if you plug up the ports like I have done you will get much closer to the D5000 sound. I love my V2 darths with the ports plugged up. He also makes different design darths asside from the standard closed back....... he makes some that are open, and he also makes some deep wood cans which I would imagine sound different.

So yea, look at the darth beyers, but which one you would prefer I have no idea.

Jun 22, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500's are awesome. I was just looking for a full-size can with a similar sound sig.

HD650s.
wink.gif
Both have a disturbingly similar sound sig.

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:52 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might be in for a surprise. Darth Beyers have MASSIVE amounts of bass, but in no way is it tight bass (though plugging up the holes does get you much closer).

Ahhh ok, I didn't know. Thanks
3000smile.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 1:01 PM Post #19 of 19
Ultrasone Proline or HFI-2200ULE models have phenomenal bass response. The dynamics of bass on these headphones are just amazing.

Darth Beyers have more bass but it isn't as well defined as it is on the Prolines. I've heard both.

The DT880 have bass, but it's a more neutral kind of bass, of extremely high quality, tight and deep and well extended. I'm not sure if the Proline 2500 or the DT880 extends deeper. I've heard the 750 Proline and the bass is definately punchy and deep.

I've never heard the DT880, so only going by what others have said. You might enjoy the DT880 as it supposedly has superb top end detail.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back