DT770 PRO Go on last page->
Apr 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #31 of 62
used dt770pro? ES7 is pretty nice with bass too, probably findable used for about $70/80.

Apr 19, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 62
Thank you very much darhdiddy, I will place sonys on my so far few of the best mentioned list.

Eisenhower man what's up. I don't use tr-808, I control plugins with my mpc 1000 and midi keyboard. I use Spetrasonics Trilogy to make the bass.

Paaj I was not able to find these used for all together under 100$ cad. I will keep checking though.

Apr 19, 2009 at 9:22 PM Post #33 of 62
Just remembered another headphone I used to have that had deep bass. Koss TD65. They only cost me $50.00 CAD so should be only about $40.00 USD. I just checked Koss website and they no longer make those but they do have TD85. Check those out as they may have similar bass quality.

http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^fs^TD85

Seeing as you are no longer using your sub why don't you sell that and use the money to get some better headphones than what you will gt for $50.00?

Apr 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #34 of 62
I might have to do that.... But you guys already proposed so many choices for me, why do you say I should sell my sub ? The headphones mentioned look pretty good and the one you just showed me looks descent. Do you think that everything mentioned is pure crap ?

If so then I will sell my sub I don't want nothing as bad as my piece of crap v300's by sony. Although I don't have use for it now, in 4 months im getting a place in the country.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #35 of 62
I said sell your sub because you say you can't use it in your apartment anyway and can use the funds to finance decent headphones. I haven't heard all of these different headphones and all I can tell you is that I have seen high praises sung in many places for those JVX RX700 and they are under $50.00. People say the RX900 model is more bassy sounding though.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #36 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by blaster18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried those skullcandys before they are not good on the true deep bass I create. Oh no man you are wrong my mixes will come out sick I know it. I just need headphones that can pick up the low freq that my subs can. I dont need them to create head pounding bass. I just want to be able to hear that damn bass. I tried 7 high quality low budget headphones and none of them showed any sign of the note I was hitting but when I turn on my subs they go crazy on that note like heart pounding breath taking. Back to earphones, not a sign of ANY bass.

No pair of headphones will do that 'punched on the stomach' feeling that a good subwoofer does. It is impossible.

Almost all of the headphones listed in this thread may have good bass but the rest of the sound is probably pretty bad. Seeing as you master music, shouldn't you think about ALL of the spectrum, not just the bass? Otherwise your music will sound pretty bad for people who don't have subwoofers and/or don't like excessive amounts of bass.

Apr 19, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No pair of headphones will do that 'punched on the stomach' feeling that a good subwoofer does. It is impossible.

Almost all of the headphones listed in this thread may have good bass but the rest of the sound is probably pretty bad. Seeing as you master music, shouldn't you think about ALL of the spectrum, not just the bass? Otherwise your music will sound pretty bad for people who don't have subwoofers and/or don't like excessive amounts of bass.

Indeed, I agree on the last point. With this poster's self-belief that his beats will be fine, thinking he'll get a kick out of headphones like a sub sending standing-waves across a room would and not caring about the rest of the product leads me to believe the music he is mastering might not be at all musical.

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #38 of 62
Pure Drum and Bass is BORING!!!!

Apr 20, 2009 at 12:18 AM Post #39 of 62
Thank you for contributing!

I suggest the DT770s now that you've doubled your budget.

Apr 20, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #40 of 62
For now I just want to be able to lay my bass lines on. I got everything not just drum and bass, my beats usually have violin, cello, viola, piano, bit of brass and soft barely noticeable synth. I got nice sounding earphones for mastering. It's just that I can not hear the bass, I wan't to know what the hell i am playing. it's like I can hit low freq and not even know what it really sounds like untill i burn a cd run to the car and pop trunk wave.

I catch all your guys drift, I will use some layed away money to buy Dt770's used or something in that sort. I can spend 150$ CAD max. That is alot of money for me at the moment, but I'm ready to invest.

If any of you are selling some used, please let me know, im ready to buy them.

Apr 20, 2009 at 5:01 AM Post #44 of 62
Apr 20, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #45 of 62
Milkweg you are the best. My roommate ordered those from there just now. I got really into that dt770 feeling. It's like I got addicted from the thought of how nice it would be to have them that I just can't get them out of my head.

Frayseyboy I am from Quebec, CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back