dt770 pro - 80 vs 250 (mostly for movies)
Jun 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

matt27

Head-Fier
 I currently use Ultrasone pro 900s plugged into my Yamaha rx-v371 receiver for blu-ray watching and pc/console gaming. They sound fine but they really become uncomfortable and fatiguing after wearing them for an extended time.

I recently tried my nephew's dt770 pro/80s through my receiver and I was very impressed with them. They were much more comfortable and they isolated better which a big plus for me.

I'm definitely set on getting some 770s but I'm not sure if I should get the 250 ohm version instead. My receiver's headphone output impedance is 470Ω

Will there be any audible difference between the 250 and 80 through my receiver? If I went by aesthetics alone I would choose the 80 ohm because I don't really like coiled cables, but If I can actually benefit from the 250 ohm I will buy them instead since they are both around the same price.

Jun 8, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:
 I currently use Ultrasone pro 900s plugged into my Yamaha rx-v371 receiver for blu-ray watching and pc/console gaming. They sound fine but they really become uncomfortable and fatiguing after wearing them for an extended time.

I recently tried my nephew's dt770 pro/80s through my receiver and I was very impressed with them. They were much more comfortable and they isolated better which a big plus for me.

I'm definitely set on getting some 770s but I'm not sure if I should get the 250 ohm version instead. My receiver's headphone output impedance is 470Ω

Will there be any audible difference between the 250 and 80 through my receiver? If I went by aesthetics alone I would choose the 80 ohm because I don't really like coiled cables, but If I can actually benefit from the 250 ohm I will buy them instead since they are both around the same price.

I would say that this receiver is not capable of driving headphones at an "audiophile" level.

http://www.meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/tipstricks.htm

You can see from that article how much the freq response changes when using such high impedance output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back