dt770 pro (80), Grado GR10 and Novo
Nov 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kiddyluo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm wondering if the low impedance (32om) Grado gr10 needs and amplifier. I'm considering Graham Slee Novo. Any related information is welcome.

Also, I got a pair of dt770 pro 80 om. Will Novo improve on these two cans?

Thanks very much for all informative advice.

Nov 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 7
Especially GR10, the opinion on whether an amp is needed diverges. Some say good enough without amp, some say  an amp will truly fulfill the potential of the little green bee..

Anyone who tried a pair both with and without decent amp can give some advice?

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 7
When I had GR10 I found no difference amped or unamped.  A fantastic IEM for acoustic and vocal and jazz but thought it was average sounding with many other types of music.

Nov 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #4 of 7
  When I had GR10 I found no difference amped or unamped.  A fantastic IEM for acoustic and vocal and jazz but thought it was average sounding with many other types of music.

Yeah, using gr10 directly with cowon d20, I found the vocal and acoustic really impressive already. very transparent and detailed in mid and tremble. However, a bit tiring for long time listening. dt770pro on the other hand is more comfortable, and detailed still. as a headphone, dt770pro provides better soundstage. Interestingly, though gr10 costs way more than dt770pro and not impressively better than 770, I still like it.
gonna have aune s1 pro soon which is more powerful (rumored that it beat most mid-level cd player). s1 will support clean line-out, therefore I'm considering if it's necessary to get an decent but affordable amp to go with it. But if these two cans won't improve much amped, maybe I can save the money then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back