DT770 Pro 350 ohms on Realtek ALC889
Jan 30, 2014 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

boydeee

New Head-Fier
Hi, Im a complete noob when it comes to all this. I just started my adventure this morning, and I obviously didn't read enough because I bought these headphones and just now figured out I need a DAC and an amp, and they cost more than the headphones!

So, what my question is, what do I need to for these headphones to work with my computer? Its going to be for gaming and skype, and I cant spend more than $50 because I kind of wasnt expecting to buy more stuff.

I found this thread, but I cant afford the DAC linked.
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/85037-dt-770-what-to-get-32-80-or-250-ohms/

Can anyone help me find something on Amazon to make it work?

Thanks.

Feb 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #5 of 22
can u plug the DT770 into your cpu? u should hear some sound...no?
( i am not familiar with your realtex stuff... is there a socket for the headfone to jack in? )

Feb 3, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 22
ok u havent bought anything..u just have your computer..thats it right? 
if this is the case, then u have the whole world to choose from ...
lets start again...

what is it that u WANT?  DESIRE...CRAVE FOR?  :p

( the money...u can always work extra hours at Macdonalds...: x hours X x$$$ = your NEW toys )

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #8 of 22
  ok u havent bought anything..u just have your computer..thats it right? 
if this is the case, then u have the whole world to choose from ...
lets start again...

what is it that u WANT?  DESIRE...CRAVE FOR?  :p

( the money...u can always work extra hours at Macdonalds...: x hours X x$$$ = your NEW toys )

I already bought them, they just haven't came in yet. :p

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #9 of 22
You don't NEED an amp, but it's highly reccomended. You can just plug them into the back or front port of your computer.

Now, for a cheap Amp/DAC that should be able to power the DT770, the E10 is a good choice.

Only $75 and provides some pretty good sound, a noticable improvement over onboard sound.

Feb 3, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #10 of 22
  You don't NEED an amp, but it's highly reccomended. You can just plug them into the back or front port of your computer.

Now, for a cheap Amp/DAC that should be able to power the DT770, the E10 is a good choice.

Only $75 and provides some pretty good sound, a noticable improvement over onboard sound.

Ah ok. I should be fine then. When I made this thread a few days ago, I was convinced I NEEDED an amp.

Feb 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #11 of 22
Hi.

I'm pretty new to this whole thing too so take my advice with a grain of salt.

As already mentioned by HiVLTAGE, the headphones will work with your on-board sound, but they likely won't be driven to their full potential, hence getting an amplifier is recommended.

I second getting the FiiO E10 as it is a relatively inexpensive DAC + amp combo that should do a decent job of driving your headphones. I would imagine the DAC in the E10 is also noticeably better than what is provided by on-board.

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #12 of 22
So, I just got them and I plugged them in. The first thing I did was get on skype, and every time somebody talks, there is this MASSIVE echo. Like, I'm in a huge empty room, and they're on the other side of it. Is that normal? It's kind of annoying, and not what I was expecting.

Feb 5, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 22
So, I just got them and I plugged them in. The first thing I did was get on skype, and every time somebody talks, there is this MASSIVE echo. Like, I'm in a huge empty room, and they're on the other side of it. Is that normal? It's kind of annoying, and not what I was expecting.

That doesn't sound right, although I don't have personal experience with that set of headphones, but I can't imagine that's how they're supposed to sound. How do they deal with other audio? If possible, try plugging them into another source and see what they sound like from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back