DT770 help
Dec 8, 2005 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

atart

100+ Head-Fier
well my bro just came over to visit, he just left a couple of days ago and with him went my a900's, he enjoyed them so much while he was here that i ended up letting him have it, well here i am now, ready for another phone

i am looking at the DT770 80 ohm version and have found it in B&H online for $210 http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...de=cii_5784816

the thing is, the picture over there has the velour (or are they even velour?) in black and i was wondering if thats just a wrong pic and whether all DT770/80 have the grey velour pads

are there any other online dealers with the DT770 80 that you guys know of?

another thing, ive read around that the pro version is pretty much the same as the non-pro and that the only difference is that the non-pro is a little more expensive than the pro and is meant for bigger sized heads? is this true? are there any other differences?

thanks.

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 6
I bought mine through a ebay store. Total if translated to dollars including shipping was 160$ approx.

www.studiocare.co.uk or studiocare.com or something like it.

otherwise you can check www.thomann.de

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #3 of 6
im afraid shipping costs would be the problem for UK and other european stores, i'll check them out anyway

any idea about the black pads and the pro/non-pro versions?

thanks

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 6
The one you have linked is intended for drummers. I've read they isolate more but sound worse. It also has a volume control in the cord.

I'm also looking for a place online to buy these. I've only been able to find them on ebay and thats where I'll probably end up buying them. But I'm wondering, does Beyerdynamic have any kind of warranty with these headphones? I'm wondering if buying them on ebay will void some kind of warranty.

Dec 8, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 6
well that does seem to be the drummer's edition phone DT770 M

there arent very many places selling the 80ohm version, quite a few with the 250 in stock, i may resort to ebay as well and would like to know about the warranty services

apart from its looks, does the new DT770 have any differences from the old line, i still prefer the old rugged look of the older version

thanks

Dec 8, 2005 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Any Beyers are rare on eBay, and I've only seen one pair of dt770 in the last 3 months. The only US sources for 770-80 I've noticed is Guitar Center stores, or Headphile (who sells them at a very fair price, but their modding is mandatory with the purchase).........I'm o.k. 'cause I got someone to sell me their Darth Beyers.........maybe the best recourse is to regularly stalk German and UK eBay. Shipping from UK to US will cost aprox. the same as domestic US...........also a call to Jan Meier might be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back