dt770 for computer usage
Nov 5, 2005 at 12:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jlw

Head-Fier
Is Beyer dt770 a good choice for computer useage. I have it like this Soundcard -> B tech headphone-amp -> Will I get any good sound with the dt770 it do I need a more expensive amp?

Nov 5, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hey_Its_Cole
They are good but I liked the A900s a lot more.

But they look so ugly!
wink.gif
And i cant buy them where I live, in Sweden.

Nov 5, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #5 of 13
Lately I've been using my DT770s more than my other headphones due to how much time I spend in front of this stupid computer... They get the job done and then some. I've got mine running through an old CHA47 amp...sounds great. Ideal headphones for gaming and movies, to boot.

Nov 5, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #7 of 13
I'm pretty sure I have a head slightly smaller than average, and they fit just fine. Easily the most comfortable of my three main headphones (HD650 and RS-1 being the other two). I wear glasses as well, and while they clamp your head slightly, I don't notice any extra pressure on the glasses against my head at all.

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #8 of 13
If the intended use is gaming and movies, then they are pretty much ideal - especially since you have an amp. They are relatively hard to drive, even in the 80 ohm version, and that's the biggest complaint I have against them as a PC phone. If that's not an issue though, then they'll be perfect.

Keep in mind that they're not a tonally balanced phone - the bass is rather overwhelming and the treble is very bright. They will work well with bass-heavy music, but they're not ideal for music where neutrality is a key aspect of the presentation, i.e. classical. Of course, off a PC you can always EQ them
cool.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch
If the intended use is gaming and movies, then they are pretty much ideal - especially since you have an amp. They are relatively hard to drive, even in the 80 ohm version, and that's the biggest complaint I have against them as a PC phone. If that's not an issue though, then they'll be perfect.

Keep in mind that they're not a tonally balanced phone - the bass is rather overwhelming and the treble is very bright. They will work well with bass-heavy music, but they're not ideal for music where neutrality is a key aspect of the presentation, i.e. classical. Of course, off a PC you can always EQ them
cool.gif

please give me exempels on music where neutrality is a key aspect.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by cotdt
you can't use them on your computers. they won't play sound.

The DT770/80's won't play sound? What sound card are you trying to use?

I have an M-Audio Rev 7.1 and they sound fantastic straight out of the card without an amplifier. In fact, it sounded even worse, more sterile and lifeless, WITH the amplifier paired with that sound card.

Out of all the headphones I've tried with the computer the DT770/80 is bar none the best I've used in terms of placement, explosions, impact etc. There is no better headphone for first person shooters IMHO.

Nov 7, 2005 at 2:55 PM Post #12 of 13
I'm looking at DT770s. A900s, K271s...possibly the A900LTD
wink.gif

I'm not a basshead, my HD-580s amped/recabled have plenty of bass for me. Will the Beyers bass blow my head off?

Nov 7, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #13 of 13
wshall i wait for the new 770pro or bye the "old" ones. I read somewhere its the same headphone, just a differ design. What kind of cord is it, how long is it? Is it possble to change cord?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back