dt770/80 PRO are about to RIP, which cans will be their heir ?
Jun 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

SoFGR

100+ Head-Fier
My DTs developed this rattle problem recently http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/wie...770pro-281547/ after 1 year of happy usage, getting them repaired is almost impossible without sending them back to germany since i haven't found anyone in greece who can fix them.

My budget is around 300$, maybe higher if it's really worth it, i want something with clearer mids a little bit better soundstage and imaging if possible, but nothing less on comfort level and bass impact, yes that's right i want back that "ear massage" DTs gave me when i was listening to bass heavy tracks ( like Tool - Lateralus )

my source is x-fi titanium > audio gd-compass ( DAC and headphone amp in the same chassis )

I'm between ultrasone hifi 780, proline 750 and DT150, any other recommendations ? I'm a little bit sensitive to sibilance / harsh highs but that's it, never had problems with akg k601 or dt770 in that aspect, only with the A700s but i always used those directly from my x-fi so maybe they needed extra amplification who knows.

My tastes are electronica, trance, rock, ambient a little bit of nu metal and 80's japanese pop ( mostly MIQ's songs )

Jun 23, 2009 at 1:59 PM Post #2 of 6
I would suggest you to take a look at the senn hd 600,they have good soundstage and imaging and good bass(not so strong)when properly amped and their price is 330 euro(filipos nakas is the dealer here in athens)or the hd 650 (a little less bright and a touch more bass)for 430 euro
Unfortunately i don't have experience with the ultrasones or the dt150

Jun 23, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 6
Before you buy another pair of headphones, do as ericj said. Take off the left pad, open up the cup, find the source of the rattle, fix it, and put it back together.

Edit: I see you've already tried removing hairs. If that isn't the source of the rattle, I'm guessing the drivers or maybe the membrane itself is loose. It shouldn't be too hard to find the source of the rattling (still guessing).

Jun 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 6
BUMP ! need more opinions on the dt150s, from what i've read they perform like an "improved version" of dt770/80, but are they really that uncomfortable ?, what if i swap the pads with DT100 velour ones ? keep in mind that i don't wear glasses

Users who are viewing this thread

Back