DT-880 vs. CD3000
Feb 27, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #121 of 128
«she adapts inconspicuously to your Wohnambiente»

actually means:

«It (...the [ugly; ed.] aluminum box...) adapts inconspicuously to your living/room ambience.»

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #123 of 128
Alternate translation:

She (Basia, since that is who I am listening to right now) wraps around your very presence and becomes a part of you.

Hey, it is about the music, right?

Get back to listening, you!

gerG

Feb 27, 2003 at 10:06 AM Post #124 of 128
This is indeed a bit confusing since there are two german versions on the beyerdynamic website. One talking about wohnambiente, the other one talking about the extension cable. but pay attention: jazz is from Switzerland and of course the Swiss speak Swiss not German. So he made a little mistake. but I will correct it for you.

“she” is of course the music, so it means the music adapts inconspicuously to your wohnambiente, i.e. the ambiance of your living room. So regardless of the CD you have inserted, you will always hear the music that fits best to the room you live in. E.g. when your furniture is more of a country style, you will always hear country and western. Or folk or heavy metal or whatever your room looks like. This is real high-tech.

smily_headphones1.gif

horscht

Feb 27, 2003 at 10:19 AM Post #125 of 128
Wow, a set of headphones that allow you to hear music dependent upon your decor. Well, what if the room's empty? What would you hear then??

answer: Simon and Garfunkel, the Sound of Silence.

Feb 27, 2003 at 11:47 AM Post #126 of 128
I spreche auch ein bisschen Deutsch!

Ich liebe Koepfhoerer!
biggrin.gif

(Haven't studied German for two years, so forgive my mistakes)

Feb 28, 2003 at 9:31 PM Post #128 of 128
I picked up a pair yesterday, used. They're big and round, accentuated highs... They've got tight fit that definitely adapts inconspicuously to my Wohnambiente... Anyway, she originally came from Germany and cost me a whopping $260!! She was a bit used and sounded / felt rather broken in. Fantastic highs, once again, a bit throaty sometimes... bumpin' bass.

I'm going for one of those $200 pair of big ones from Japan next... but I'm worried she'll give me that AT fever I keep hearing about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back