DT 770 Pro left side problem
Jan 30, 2009 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ihaveworms

New Head-Fier
On my DT 770 Pro 80ohms, when there is a lot of bass in the sound I hear crackling on the left side. This happens when there is a lot of bass and never occurs on the right side. What would be the cause of this?

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #7 of 13
so did you open that pet shop yet ?
biggrin.gif

you might as well recable it while you're at it, I just did....and when I tried to add a ferrite bead on the cable it did make the right side very slightly louder
confused.gif

...meaning EMI or bad cabling might be the cause too, the stock cable being of very low quality(unshielded)
redface.gif

Feb 3, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 13
I don't think it is EMI, as there isn't any source around it that could be causing it.

Edit: Well, I put a large peice of anti static plastic that I believe has anti EMI properties and folded it many times and put it ontop of my soundcard (my soundcard is right beside a video card). I am not sure if I am imagining things, but after running the same tests with the frequency generator I was using, I don't seem to hear that sound anymore. I will give it a little while longer to see if it actually did fix it.

Feb 3, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, yeah PCI sound cards are evil EMI-wise.

I disagree. With a bad power supply then yes. PCIE is more susceptible to EMI IME (especially on IEMs...
ph34r.gif
). a PCI soundcard is alright for an entry level DAC.

Feb 3, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree. With a bad power supply then yes. PCIE is more susceptible to EMI IME (especially on IEMs...
ph34r.gif
). a PCI soundcard is alright for an entry level DAC.

well of course, some properly engineered PCB's can yield very good THD/SNR measurements....but most of them don't.

high quality PCB's cost, like HQ power supply circuits/etc etc

a Lynx2B will give better figures than an X-Fi
biggrin.gif

look at the charts on the jap site
wink.gif

Mar 14, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ihaveworms /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it looks like it is the headphones after all. I am probably just going to send them back for repair as they are still under warranty.

Hello,

Did you have any update son your problem. My querstion is because i have the same problem of your in me dt770pros

Cheers ,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back