DT 770 pro 80 upgrade to DT 880 pro 250
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

soundisee

100+ Head-Fier
Sorry for making a new thread about this. I'm about to exchange my DT 770 pro 80's in for the DT 880 pro 250's because I find the 770's to have too much bass. I figured I can get a 2nd opinion and I'm wondering how many of you either own both or upgraded to the 880's are happy with the switch. I'm aiming towards the 880's because they are said to sound better with less bass along with the same comfort. Would this be worth the extra $100 step up from the 770's or are they not that much different?

I'll be running these through a FiiO E10.

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Sorry for making a new thread about this. I'm about to exchange my DT 770 pro 80's in for the DT 880 pro 250's because I find the 770's to have too much bass. I figured I can get a 2nd opinion and I'm wondering how many of you either own both or upgraded to the 880's are happy with the switch. I'm aiming towards the 880's because they are said to sound better with less bass along with the same comfort. Would this be worth the extra $100 step up from the 770's or are they not that much different?

I'll be running these through a FiiO E10.

I would rather use my DT880s over my DT770s.

Jan 11, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #3 of 4
Since there is a $5 difference would it be worth getting the premium over the pro's for the lighter clamping + straight cable? There isn't any sound difference either, right?

This might sound crazy but I like the look of the pro's but I like the headband on the premiums due to the lighter clamping. If I go with the pro is there a way to order the headband for the premiums and switch them with the pro's?

Jan 11, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Since there is a $5 difference would it be worth getting the premium over the pro's for the lighter clamping + straight cable? There isn't any sound difference either, right?

This might sound crazy but I like the look of the pro's but I like the headband on the premiums due to the lighter clamping. If I go with the pro is there a way to order the headband for the premiums and switch them with the pro's?

Might as well just get the premiums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back