DT-770 Bass?
May 5, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #31 of 31
I am now comparing the ath m50x and dt770 80 pro as we speak.... Both are generous on bass quantity but the m50x has more impact (more midbass?) and overall they sound a tiny bit more powerfull due to the impactfull bass.... but to my ears the m50x also has a more strident treble. Mids are about the same. The dt770 may sound just a tiny tiny tiny bit less full bodied but in compensation you get, better separation, cleaner sound (the midbass on the m50x seems to take a bit over the rest of the frequency) and an amazing sound stage. The m50x is a bit easier to drive of course. Also i think the m50x sounds more powerfull and agressive because you basically have the drivers glued to your ear while on the dt770 the cups are pretty spacious.

I am at this moment trying to decide wich 2 pair of headphones to get between the momentum over ear 2.0, the m50x, the hd25 and the dt770.... I already tried 3 and i am now thinking of ordering the momentums.... I like the m50x but i dont if i will keep it.... I guess it will all depend on how i like the momentums.... I always loved the hd25 sound despite the confort and lack of soundstage.... I am thinking of keeping either the hd25 and the dt770 or the momentums and the hd25.... I exclude the m50x not because they are bas but because to my ears the hd25 does everything better... Its cleaner, has better midrange, bass is tighter, much more lively and agressive with rock and edm and the midbass hump does not mess with the other frequencies... The m50x may be a bit more confortable but the hd25 compensates on the durability and also the m50x does not have much spacious sound as well.

The hd25 and the dt770 seem to complement each other very well.... Spacious vs confined, midbass vs subbass, both durable, both sligtly v shaped wich i like.... For now seems like a good combination and the dt770 cost half the price of the momentums 2.0.... But i dont think i will rest until i try the new momentums.... :grinning:

Lets see....

Any question feel free to ask....

First paragraph is exactly how i fell about the headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back